PDA

View Full Version : Itp baja rims

BlaineKaiser450
08-14-2007, 05:31 PM
How good are the baja front rims from Itp for mx? I only have enough money for rear Hipers so im looking at these for the front. Also where is the best place to buy the Itp's?

Nick110
08-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
How good are the baja front rims from Itp for mx? I only have enough money for rear Hipers so im looking at these for the front. Also where is the best place to buy the Itp's?

There junk, even the ITP guy at Lorettas national told me that. Get the ITP rolled lip ones. T9 gp i think there called.

d3ktrix
08-14-2007, 07:05 PM
I bought a set of rear baja's to use as some cheap trail ridinng/pit riding rims.

First day of using them I bent the rear one while riding on a hill of beach/sifter sand.
I don't even know how I did it, but it wobbles now. lol

And the stud nut holes don't even line up good. You have to force them on and off.
And my studs arn't bent because all of my other rims fit perfect.

They look nice, but seem kinda cheap.

Get some rolled lip rims. Douglas or ITP.

GIXXER1KR
08-14-2007, 08:36 PM
If ur stockers are good then use them and save up for the fronts.I love the Hipers.Definately worth the money.

BlaineKaiser450
08-14-2007, 09:08 PM
thanks everyone! looks like it wont be using bajas. im thinking ill save more for hipers

allstock
08-14-2007, 09:16 PM
dont get your hopes to high for hiper.. there good but not a noticable difference of weight, the rings break and chip and fade so your paying $100 extra for looks, look into some douglas's

LeGaCyGiAnT124
08-14-2007, 09:24 PM
I have never had a problem with mine bending? Ive hitten many rocks in XC too?

GIXXER1KR
08-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Same here.Mx and smashed the hell outta them on some rough rocky trails.Couldnt be happier!

mx1791
08-14-2007, 09:48 PM
the rings fade and look like crap, and douglas rear beadlocks are actually a tad lighter then hiper rears. but the hiper does have an inner beadlock so thats probably why. hipers are pretty much for looks, although its nice that you can buy parts for hipers indivisually, so no need to buy a whole new rim if something breaks

sunco
08-16-2007, 06:33 AM
I had problems w/ hipers. The brass threads kept coming out when tighting to the specs. Then I was told just snug them. Whatever. Enjoy the new stuff that u get.

Sjorge450R
08-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I have been running a set of bajas for the past 2 years now and they have been to hell and back not twice, but 3 times.... They still look good and are straight as well. I guess some peope just arent meant to have aluminum wheels...lol. Oh and I dont baby anything. Im an A class racer so you know i bump these off stuff alot.