PDA

View Full Version : rebuild qustion

joel400ex
08-14-2007, 05:15 PM
i want to rebuild my engine and was just wondering how hard it would be? i have acess to all the tools i would need and have some mechanical skill but i dont want to get stuck half way threw and then have to take it to a shop.

JOEX
08-14-2007, 05:18 PM
It's fairly easy with the help of a repair manual and us here at atvriders.com. Depending on how far you're going into the motor will determine how much outside machine work needs to be done.

joel400ex
08-14-2007, 05:22 PM
i dont really know how far ill have to go into the engine the quad dosnt run like it used to aint got the jam and responce so i dont really know what ill have to change. what do u all think i would have to change? and could i go with a bigger piston or longer stroke or somthing to get to like 426 or what is all involved with the 426 kit?

REDRIDDER
08-15-2007, 12:52 PM
This is from an earlier post but this is what i did to mine and i love it................................................ .....................this is what my for 426ex feels like mines really nasty on the bottom because of the way i set it up using the stage 1 hot cam my pipe and carb but it has the muscle to pull right to the revlimiter in 5th.Its not really so much as fast as it is powerful and especially with the 14 tooth sprocket it can accelerate like a mother.Yes when doing a 426 kit you do not have to sleeve it its just if you dont the reliability factor is shorten because of the cylinder sleeve being so thin the extra heat created by the bore size is absorb though the cylinder wall quicker. heat is caused by friction and friction is bad lol..so i didn't take the chance i sent mine to LA SLEEVE to have it done this way to if i ever need to bore it out again theirs room enough so that the sleeve can be bored to a 440.I forgot to say i only have 1 1/2hrs on my 426ex so she isn't even broke in yet and I'm babying her to ensure a proper break in period lol.But the gains i did notice i was impressed its a whole new machine and the carb isn't spot on yet, only thing is now the stock suspension wont cut it anymore time to upgrade.monster torque love the 88mm piston and the 11:1 comp ratio and still running 93pump gas..i really couldn't be more happy with my build by the way the porting helps.hoped to have answered your questions about the 426ex anyways.pm me with anything, you want to see my quad in action?......video?.. LOL....so what do you think joel400ex? pm me if you would like more info.