PDA

View Full Version : Help with starting problems

trxridr
08-14-2007, 04:45 PM
every other time i go to start my quad nothing happens, i turn the key and press the starter and i hear a click, my nuetral light turns off and the motor wont turn over.i checked the fuse and i t looked fine. i checked the batterie and even put it into another quad to make sure it wasnt dead. when this happened i tried to pop the clutch and it would turn over by force but never showing any sign of starting.
a while back i bought a teather for my quad and spliced some wires but it ended being the wrong one so i got some extra wire and put it back together. i checked the connections and everything was fine.
im kinda lost, i can figure out some mechanical stuff on my quad but with electric stuff im lost, im really dreading bringing it into my local dealer because even though i know that when it does start it runs beautifully they will say something is wrong and i will walk away with several hundered less in my wallet

any help is appreciated

GOTFEAR
08-14-2007, 09:51 PM
maybe starter relay?

QuadManiac
08-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Your battery terminal connections are corroded. Remove the cables, thoroughly clean the batt terminals and the cable ends, reattach TIGHTLY and all should be good. Only other place would be at the connection between the positive battery cable and the starter relay, clean that the same way, AND the negative battery cable, where it bolts to the frame. Clean it the same way too.

If you do all this, I GUARANTEE your starter will now turn over, and your neutral light will stay lit.

xc_racer1
08-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by QuadManiac
Your battery terminal connections are corroded. Remove the cables, thoroughly clean the batt terminals and the cable ends, reattach TIGHTLY and all should be good. Only other place would be at the connection between the positive battery cable and the starter relay, clean that the same way, AND the negative battery cable, where it bolts to the frame. Clean it the same way too.

If you do all this, I GUARANTEE your starter will now turn over, and your neutral light will stay lit.

if its not that then you could have a frayed wire somewhere. look over your wiring from ur battery to ur starter.

trxridr
08-15-2007, 05:44 PM
thankyou so much i will try that as soon as i can

thanks again