PDA

View Full Version : trail tech vapor computer. reviews?

medicdude
08-14-2007, 02:41 PM
does anyone have one? im looking into one, seems to do some pretty cool stuff, and i have a 440, so i'd like to be able to keep an eye on engine temp. what does everyone think of them?

if its a go, what would be a good shift point and redline for a 440ex with stage 3 hotcam, k/n, s/o?
also, what is a normal temp for one of these? thanks

08-14-2007, 03:16 PM
i like mine..the shift points and redline are a waste though...you would have to be looking right at it or be in the dark to see the little lights...here is a video of it...you can see what i mean...

the rattle is just a skid plate clamp that was on the frame...i had just finished changing the oil and had not put the s.p back on yet, but had left the clamps in place while i changed the oil...

i like the distance and rmp features the best...although the engine temp is nice to have too...

vapor video (http://media.putfile.com/450r-vtrail-tech-vapor-computer)

medicdude
08-15-2007, 01:38 AM
cool man thanks, looks like you have yours up on the bar by the switch? maybe its just the video. i have protapers and i dunno how big the clamps are... and did yours come with a temp sensor??

08-15-2007, 03:35 AM
it is in front of the bars using a t.t. billet protector. the plastic mount that comes w/it is a joke.

the temp sensor came w/it, but is for liquid cooled bikes...there were instructions for air cooled machines though...it will give you outside temp as well as engine temp...