PDA

View Full Version : More Bad News

mxraptor149
08-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Girl injured on ATV in Colorado ...

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_6616219

And "Renegade ATV Riders" in Georgia. I like how this writer didn't even attempt to contact an org. like the ATVA for the other side of the story, or even touched on the miles of legal trails in the state...as a journalist, that kind of reporting makes me ill.
http://www.ajc.com/travel/content/travel/southeast/ga_stories/2007/08/13/Roadless_0813.html

mineralgrey01gt
08-14-2007, 10:54 AM
for one thing, arent all the 4x4 atv's rated for 16years old and above? Kinda sounds like she was inexperienced.

That journalist is a tool

54warrior
08-14-2007, 11:16 AM
In regards to the accident, like always, it's the parents fault for letting the child on a machine they aren't large enough/experienced enough to ride. Bad judgement on their part. They now have to live with that bad decision and WE (atv'ers) have to live with the negative publicity that it sheds upon ALL of us.

In regards to the "renegade's", I especially liked the last part of the article, where it says "We can't all do whatever the hell we want, when we want." Does he mean that only a select few of us can do whatever we want, when we want? LOL.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Yes there are trails and mud holes and beaten down dusty paths. It's not like those paths are covering every square inch of the habitat. There's plenty of lush green areas and lots of trees still, is there not? Wildlife? I'd like to see some numbers that back up his claims that the wildlife has been scared off.

I had to laugh at the part about the hikers following the ATV trails. There is a "hiking" trail near my home that MAYBE 10 people hike on per year. Most of the time, we take care of cleaning the trail, removing fallen trees, branches, etc... One particular summer, we got lazy and just made trails around a few of those areas. The Army Corp of Engrs. marks the trail out once a year. That year, instead of clearing out that part, or marking the trail the way it should be, they took the easy route that we made around it and marked that as the trail. Honestly, there wouldn't even be a trail there if we didn't take care of it for them.

The whole thing pisses me off to no end. It's not only our rights as ATV'ers that are being taken, but many other things as well.

Ghost-Rider
08-14-2007, 11:16 AM
The Article Said
she apparently just drove off the road and down the embankment

She was 10, most likely had little to no experience.If anyone is at fault its the parents.