PDA

View Full Version : new to sport quads

honda-400ex 33
08-14-2007, 06:24 AM
hey guys i just wanted to ask around and see what u thought about this...im 16 and hopefully depending on the school year next summer i will be able to get a sport bike. currently i just have a utility 400. i have ridden many gear shifters but none with clutch. my cousin has ridden a trx 400 and a yfz 450. he told me to start with the trx 400 but im really interested in the yfz 450 and possibly starting to race however i ususally just ride trails and open fields. my cousin said the yfz is also a lot of maintenance.
so i was just wondering what u guys thought i should do start with a trx400 or the yfz 450 and would it too much power and maintenance?

AJ's Blaster
08-14-2007, 07:10 AM
I think thats a question only you can answer. But I will tell you I got my 400ex when I was 16 and I will be 18 in a couple months but I have been saving to get the yfz for about a year now. If you think you won't grow tired of what the ex has to offer than go for it, but if it will only last alittle while than save yourself the money and hassle and buy the yfz.

honda-400ex 33
08-14-2007, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by honda-400ex 33
hey guys i just wanted to ask around and see what u thought about this...im 16 and hopefully depending on the school year next summer i will be able to get a sport bike. currently i just have a utility 400. i have ridden many gear shifters but none with clutch. my cousin has ridden a trx 400 and a yfz 450. he told me to start with the trx 400 but im really interested in the yfz 450 and possibly starting to race however i ususally just ride trails and open fields. my cousin said the yfz is also a lot of maintenance.
so i was just wondering what u guys thought i should do start with a trx400 or the yfz 450 and would it too much power and maintenance?
ok thanks for the input and also do u happen to know how much maintenance the yfz 450 is?

sdbrown12388
08-14-2007, 11:28 AM
It is more maintenance then most other bikes but it's not much more. Change the oil about every 10hrs of riding, clean out the air filter every time you ride and keep you chain lubed and you will be fine. that's all i do with mine and i've never had any problems. really the only thing you have to do is change the oil and oil filter more often then other quads. also i have both quads and i would recommend getting the yfz over the 400ex because you will always be trying to get the 400 faster and it will never be able to keep up with the yfz

honda-400ex 33
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by honda-400ex 33
ok thanks for the input and also do u happen to know how much maintenance the yfz 450 is?
ok thanks for the advice hopefully i can get it haha depends on the schoolyear and what year would u recommend and how much do they go for?