View Full Version : shock question

zedicus00
08-13-2007, 10:05 PM
better shock, works tripple rate non-rezzie. or stock 450R shock, single rate with rezzie?

i ended up with both sets and cant decide which to use. both sets are in equally used but good working condition.

mostly i trail ride any more with a bit of duning so i dont need custom axis or anything that wild.

86 Quad R
08-14-2007, 07:31 AM
i believe that the 450r shocks are a bit stiffer on the 250r due to the springs. at this point i'd try each set and go with those that feel the best.

personally i'd run the 450r's setup with aftermarket springs.

fireburns99
08-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
better shock, works tripple rate non-rezzie. or stock 450R shock, single rate with rezzie?

i ended up with both sets and cant decide which to use. both sets are in equally used but good working condition.

mostly i trail ride any more with a bit of duning so i dont need custom axis or anything that wild.
For Dune riding i would go with the Works triple rates. I've found that softer shocks make dune riding much more comfortable. Also the fact that they don't have a rezzie shouldn't make much of a difference because its really hard to get the oil in them that hot in the dunes.

redrooster310r
08-14-2007, 04:03 PM
i believe works will raise the front ride hejght.... but never bottom out! i have a 450 also and the front shock are awesome... but like he said .... you gotaa play with em till u get it right ... they are stiffer.. but that gushy feel they got is so nice. i think they are 250 forks turned down....my honda guy said...

fireburns99
08-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by redrooster310r
i believe works will raise the front ride hejght.... but never bottom out! i have a 450 also and the front shock are awesome... but like he said .... you gotaa play with em till u get it right ... they are stiffer.. but that gushy feel they got is so nice. i think they are 250 forks turned down....my honda guy said...
Putting the 450 shock will raise the front end 1 inch, not the Works shocks. But try them both out and see which ones you like. They're pretty easy to change.

zedicus00
08-14-2007, 04:43 PM
im actually on plus 2 arms. the works are set up for my weight and arms, the 450r shocks everyone says are stiff and long to begin with so would prolly work fine on plus 2. i guess i will just hafta try em all and see.