PDA

View Full Version : What could the problem be???

yamahaforlife
08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I was racing my 400ex at Budds Creek this weekend and it was running ok for a bike with stock exhaust and it just died. I tried to start it up but i had no power. Even the neutral light wasn't lighting up. I tried to bump start it but it didn't even sound like it was tring to start up. I haven't looked for the problem because i don't know where to start. It is all stock motor wise so what should I check for?

dariusld
08-13-2007, 07:50 PM
My ground wire broke before, from the battery to the frame, check that.

JOEX
08-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Check the fuse too. If it's blown you probably have a short somewhere.

honda300EXtreme
08-13-2007, 08:35 PM
yea like the guys above stated, it probably a broken ground or a blown fuse... im assuming if you have a killswitch other than stock that shorted out and blew a fuse.

thats my guess...

yamahaforlife
08-13-2007, 08:59 PM
ok i will check for a blown fuse and the ground wire. Can the 400 run without a battery? I was having battery issues earlier but it was running. So it sounds like an electric problem to yall? And my tether killswitch was wired into the stock killswitch and taped up but i will check.

yamahaforlife
08-18-2007, 01:03 PM
sorry for bring up an old thread but it was the broken ground wire and i just want to say thank you to everyone that help :cool:

flauge
08-18-2007, 01:23 PM
How about that wire that goes down up under the shifter? I had a problem with that one time and it wouldnt crank, the neutral light woudnt work either. Dont know if that would make it shut off, but it sure wont start tho.:ermm:

flauge
08-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Oops! I missed the part where you said you fixed it.:o

honda300EXtreme
08-18-2007, 01:47 PM
glad to hear ya got it fixed

;)

400exwheelieboy
08-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by flauge
How about that wire that goes down up under the shifter? I had a problem with that one time and it wouldnt crank, the neutral light woudnt work either. Dont know if that would make it shut off, but it sure wont start tho.:ermm:

no offense but if u dont know what that wire is then your a noob and dont deserve a 400. ive had mine for 3weeks and know almost every part. THAT WIRE IS THE NEUTRAL LIGHT WIRE!! LOL

JOEX
08-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 400exwheelieboy
no offense but if u dont know what that wire is then your a noob and dont deserve a 400. ive had mine for 3weeks and know almost every part. THAT WIRE IS THE NEUTRAL LIGHT WIRE!! LOL
That wasn't neccessary:ermm:

Ruby Soho
08-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by 400exwheelieboy

so because he suggested something that he was trying to help, that makes him a "noob" and not deserve a quad?

your real mature.