PDA

View Full Version : SMC/GT Thunder Revalve Great Setup?

mephyst
08-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Anyone have this setup?

I'm going to be ordering it for my dad within the next few days and was wondering if anyone had the same setup? I would love to hear some feedback on this. He rides an 04 450r and 90% of the time only rides sand dunes.

I would get him +3's in the front and get all 3 shocks revalved by GT Thunder (with their rear link of course).

What do you think?

I have ridden bikes with great suspension but have never had the pleasure to ride a revalved bike.

I think this would be an awesome setup for the price, but I have also heard some guys talk about how their revalve is better than many peoples LT systems.

Thank you!

mephyst
08-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Also, I was wondering what kind of A-Arms these are and if they are available in +3 on GTT website?

400exrider707
08-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Those are GT Thunder arms.... I would do the SMC/GT revalves personally. He'll love it. I love my revalves!

TRX450RACER174
08-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Personally i would do the SMC arms and have Santo Derisi do the revalve and respring, I have had bad luck with GT that i will not go into but Derisi Racing set them up right and now they are great.

mephyst
08-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Alright... Derisi uses a link as well right? Does he use GTT link?

pudamac12
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
yeah derisi has a linkage that he designed himself. The arms that gt thunder carries are made by atv fourplay but are over priced if you ask me. I am positive that your dad will be happy as can be with the smc/revalve package

TRX450RACER174
08-13-2007, 05:04 PM
He use's his own link but i think they are almost the same, I have a Gt link on my rear shock and he knew that when he built them for me. I see you live in O.C., if you would like to check out my shocks let me know, I know it helps to kinda see them to know if your getting your money's worth.

mephyst
08-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Hmm, alright. Good to know. I'm definitely going with the SMC's. They have a great warranty and I have heard nothing but good, really. Should I order them from KBmotorsports or from SMC directly? Are they the same price everywhere?

I will go GTT or Derisi on the revalve...

One more question?? With GTT they have an MX and XC link. The XC would be more suiteable for my dad I would assume correct? He isn't running 18" tires... he's running stockers and paddle tires most the time because he rides sand a lot.

What is the reason for the different links? Does Derisi also offer an XC and MX link or is it the same?

Does one ride better than the other? And do you HAVE to run 18" tires with the MX if it rides better?

mephyst
08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
He use's his own link but i think they are almost the same, I have a Gt link on my rear shock and he knew that when he built them for me. I see you live in O.C., if you would like to check out my shocks let me know, I know it helps to kinda see them to know if your getting your money's worth.

Thanks for the offer! I don't think it will be too necessary to see them... maybe if they were for me. :p Where do you typically ride? I only ride/race track on my cr250 really, and haven't gotten too much into it with the quad yet but I would like it.

Have you ridden milestone ranch yet? How is it?

TRX450RACER174
08-13-2007, 05:35 PM
They will tell you what is the best for your setup based upon your tire size and riding style, I have they MX link on mine, never seen the XC link.

I race MX/XC 6 to 10 mile long mx tracks with XC mixed in and i run 20/11/9's on the rear, the link lowers and changes the ratio of the shock that's why it needs to be revalved.

As far as the different links i am not sure myslef but one of them would be better telling you the difference between the two.

400exrider707
08-14-2007, 04:41 AM
GT Thunder has abotu 5 different links for the 450R, so Im sure he'll have one that will work for you. If I'm not mistaken there was an MX link for 20" tires.

mephyst
08-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm ordering the A arms today and calling GTT within the next couple days, because over the weekend I'm going to take off the shocks and have them ready to send in ASAP. :)

I wonder what the turn around time is right now... My dad is going to be stoked.