PDA

View Full Version : A few ?'s about the "WORCS" series

Kendall33
08-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Ok, I have raced XC, TT, and MX but I was wondering what in the world the WORCS races are compared to!

From what I see its a bit rough but I think I could handle that from all the XC I have done. I was wondering if there is an official website for the series. I also would like to know what kind of setup I would run, would it be more of an MX set-up or an XC? Are there any tight wooded areas that you cant be 50'' to get through? Would I run 20" or 18" tires? And what the classes compare to at the MX or EDT nationals? Thanks - Kendall

WORCSYFZ199
08-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey buddy, I've been racing WORCS since 2003 and I think I could help with your questions, first of all they do have an official website with info on all your questions regaurding the rules (www.worcsracing.com) So you can check that out and look at the schedule and the rulebook.

You are correct WORCS racing does get rough and while I have never raced a GNCC, I imagine some of them can get about as rough and tough as a GNCC race (especially the wooded tracks in Washington). Which leads me to your next question. A couple tracks on the circuit, namely the washington rounds have been known to get a little tight, but never tight enough for 50 inch quads to not make it. (All the courses are tested and set up with a big utility quad) so they know how wide the race quads will be and leave enough room. As far as bike set-up goes for WORCS, you will want all the armor and skids like you would run in XC, but then have an MX set-up (width), but with slightly softer shocks settings than for MX. Also I've seen some people run 18's in practice on the MX portions of the track, but the best set-up always seems to be 20's-21's up front and 20's in the rear work out the best. This is because the tracks get rutted and you'll need the ground clearance. Most tracks on the series start in an MX track and cut in and out from the MX portion to an offroad portion and it keeps the race exciting, maybe you'll make up time in MX while other guys make it up in the XC it's a good combination. As far as classes go there are 5 classes for the full-sized quads (all kinds of kid classes) anyways there is C-class (beginner), B-Class (intermediate), A-class (expert), Pro-Am (qualified A riders), and Pro. It seems like you have quite a bit of race experience so idk depending on your results in other series, I'd say start in the B-class and gauge your results from there, or maybe show up early for the MX track practice on friday and check out how quick each class is running and decide from there. Also the race length is quite a bit longer than MX and I'm not sure if it's as long as GNCC. The races range from 45-60 minutes sometimes a little longer. The Pro/Pro-Am Main on sunday though lasts 90 minutes and makes for some exciting endurance racing and pit strategy. Hope I helped answer your questions, check the site and if you have any more, let me know.