PDA

View Full Version : Who has been to sliver lake??

bigmikey119
08-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Will they check my db's Im going up on august 31- september 4 (Labor day)

YAMERNA
08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
I went there a couple of times this year they never cheked me but i her on holidays they do random checks like every sixth vehicle all thoe i think its a load of crap that if your quad?dirtbike is to loud they turn u away but what about the full blowen sand cars and jeeps with open headers well i dont know exactly what to tell you they never checked me when i was up there thoe but i know they do them so if u idel past the gate u should be good

bigmikey119
08-13-2007, 12:19 PM
never checked me befor but I have heard about it befor! I was thinking because it will be labor day they might be checking? any one else been there on labor day befor? is there alot of people? and if you been there on labor day what did ya think?

morse250r
08-14-2007, 06:21 AM
they do just random checks, better odds of getting checked on the holiday weekends, I was there the week of the forth and never got checked nor did i see the table set up where they do it, there is no way for them to test ie every 6 vech its who ever they want, i was tested last year no big deal like the guy said earlier just idle by and they should be good to you. jeeps trucks sand rails all can be tested and do everyone must have the spark arresters on theres noone up there with open headers

Raptor68
08-14-2007, 10:19 AM
I just got back from Silver Lake (was up there from Aug. 9th - 13th). It was an awesome time and we had awesome weather.

I have been going there once or twice a year for the last five or six years and during all my trips to Silver Lake I've only seen them doing checks once which was probably 2 years ago. My brother was running the HMF Bill Ballance full system on his 400EX and was measured at 97dB and he had to put his quiet core in.

For some reason, the area this time around was a lot busier than it has been in previous years, so I am sure it will be packed Labor Day weekend...