PDA

View Full Version : rc cars

400exrider99
08-12-2007, 08:24 PM
i been thinking about buying a rc car. i think i have setteled on the hpi hellfire. i was wondering if any one has used one of these and has any feedback on them.

joshyz125
08-12-2007, 08:27 PM
i have a T-maxx, I'm not real big into the rc's, but got wanted something to bash on, i've had it for 4 or 5 years now.

I don't know anything about the hell fire

Sportrax10
08-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Do you want a monster truck or a stadium truck?

I had a T-maxx a while back... Fun when it was running...

Id probably get a Team Associated RC10gt stadium truck if I got back into it...

D-7#61-450r
08-12-2007, 08:40 PM
I have got an RC10GT2 and bash the crap out of it and it just ask for more. I would love to get some video of it but I cannot drive and shoot at the same time. Parts are cheap and this ting hauls the mail. I have launched a 30 foot tabletop and made it that is the biggest so far.

400exrider99
08-12-2007, 08:51 PM
i want a stadium truck that is 4wd

DVXracer
08-12-2007, 09:49 PM
If this is your first car go with Traxxas. Ive owned many Traxxas' but im kind of getting out of the sport. I use to have a Traxxas Jato 3.3, Revo, T-maxx, Ruslter, Team Losi mini-t, and a duratrax vendetta. My rustler ran for 7 years and probably still running (i sold it). All i have now is my Jato 3.3 and my Revo, and the Duratrax which is currently on ebay. I will search for pictures of all my cars and post them if i find them. But if you have any questions i can basically answer anything about Traxxas. ;)

DVXracer
08-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider99
i want a stadium truck that is 4wd

No such thing unless you get a 1/18 scale electric. But there is 4wd nitro buggies you could look into.

400exrider99
08-12-2007, 10:01 PM
maybe i am confused about what a stadum truck is but the hellfire is 4wd and i thought it was a staduim truck. i am completley new to rc cars. sorry for the spelling errors but i dont care enough to fix them.

400exrider989
08-12-2007, 10:10 PM
unfortionitly i know rc and was a die hard fan when i was 13 and know every rc car lol
^ he is right im sure the hell fire is a 4wd stadium
if i was you i would look into getting the new traxxas rustler electric it does 70 mph outta the box! thats like 110 kph and gas ones dont last
if i was to get a gas i would mix premix into the nitro to have it last longer lol
mix it like 100:1 since its better then no oil

but yeah unless you have unlimited money then getting a gas rc car and a quad they always seem to fight over each other if you know what i mean you are either spending money on 1 or the other or both
trust me rc cars arnt some cheap things they cost money and quite abit
i spent almost 900 in 3 months on a crappy electric rustler of corse it was fun butfor 900 i coulda bought pipes reeds and an air fiter for my banshee

sunco
08-13-2007, 05:07 AM
My boys have the Revo 3.3 & the other one the hellfire. The Hellfire doesn't get used much & HPI didn't have many parts ready cause its newish. The Revo is a money pit. Good luck on the Nitro stuff. Its fun but the kid spent his $ on a new engine already & everytime you turn a round he needs something else .........

08-13-2007, 10:32 AM
alot of people that race at the track say the hellfire isnt as good because they dont have alot of parts or sumthing out for it yet. I mostly race electric, i like it better cuz the acceleration is crazy and there super fast. Right now i got 2 losi xxx-t's. The hellfire looks good but that is just what i heard, like i said i could be wrong

insaneracin2003
08-13-2007, 03:40 PM
This topic really chaps my butt everytime i see it come on in here.
1st off,everyones opinion is there own, i am aware of that. So I will keep this as nice as possible. RC is NOT a money pit, it is a hobby that many people enjoy, just like racing quads.
I, for one, love racing RC cars and trucks, every Sat. nite, that is where you will find me.
To answer the question of the HPI Hellfire, it is actually a 1/8th scale 4wd Arena Truck, Stadium trucks are 1/10th scale 2wd trucks.
Traxxas has one of the best customer service depts. in any industry, so for the guy that said he spent 900 dollars on Rustler parts, you could have bought 4 Rustlers, I would have called Traxxas to find out what could have been done.
Traxxas has a 2yr warranty on their motors and all you have to do is call them, send the motor in, and they would replace it for you.
Revos are NOT money pits, anything that you get that is run off road requires maintenance. If you don't do any maintenance, of course it is gonna break. I have been running my Revo for over 3 years now,racing just about every-weekend and it has only broke,because of me, maybe 3 times. Nothing but a 10 dollar fix each.......
If you guys have any questions about rc, just ask, I have alot of experience with them and I will help out any way I can

Shaun Martens
07-04-2008, 03:09 PM
what kind of maintance do u have to do on the revo?