PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

Nichols Atvs
08-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Ok ive got a broke exhaust pipe and in need of new one, who makes the best pipe for a stock 70.

drr5
08-12-2007, 07:09 PM
depending on if you race or not , if you do make sure there arre no rules for pipe changes, if you dont race then there are many options, it really depends on what your looking for , i like the drr pipe but i myself would get the 90 pipe instead or just take and have it welded ,much more cost effective.

tireman43
08-12-2007, 07:50 PM
You can also try Hetrick racing or WRH for pipes. Gary (bulldogfallen) could probably help too.

Nichols Atvs
08-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Im looking for race pipe i can get the stock one from my self '

dblacks
08-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Heath, with your current set up you will do just as will with the stock pipe, common to see the stock DRX pipes break at the silencer.

If and when you put on Metrikit cyinder then you will want the metrikit pipe to go with it.

Nichols Atvs
08-12-2007, 08:56 PM
It broke on the other end down on the flange to the cyl im going to weld it up for a spare but wanted to know about others avail

sldhd700
08-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Contact Rich at Mountain High Motorsports. He built me a pipe and this thing rocks. A huge night and day difference between the stock pipe and this one. I know he has a few of his pipes out htere because he has been using my bike to test and fit pipes.

Shayden Housley #39

Nichols Atvs
08-12-2007, 09:35 PM
He got a web site

QuadJunkies
08-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by sldhd700
Contact Rich at Mountain High Motorsports. He built me a pipe and this thing rocks. A huge night and day difference between the stock pipe and this one. I know he has a few of his pipes out htere because he has been using my bike to test and fit pipes.

Shayden Housley #39

hmmm.... I have been wondering whos pipes that is we have in our garage.. We have two of them were trying out !
I think I now know !:D

Is he from the Utah area?Is so, Im sure that is him.
My Daughters motor builder knows him ,so thats who we sent stats to as well. Im hoping to see this set up score well so we can run it in Sept. at Monticello.
Will you be racing that round?

We tested one last week ,the new one my hubby was concerned about not passing sound DB's,but we could be wrong you never know until its tested I guess! :)
We are going to wait until after the WORCS this wk end to test it along with the new rollers and maybe tun it on the Friday practice.

Ive been hesitant to say much until our motor builder said it was OK to say anything ,so Ive kept kinda quiet until all the R&D was done on them.
Were lookin forward to seeing what the new pipes gonna do!!It looks alot dif. than the other one does.

So it must be YOUR mini that I keep hearing about that is pulling some wheelies off the line EH?!!:blah:

This is assuming its from the same guy.... :o :p

Nichols Atvs
08-13-2007, 06:08 AM
No thats not me But doses sound cool ,dont think thats a good thing thou.

sldhd700
08-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Yeah Rich Clark is from Salt Lake City area. We will be at the WORC s race in Monticello. This will be our first race at this level Shayden has done well here locally I thinkhe is going to really have turn it up notch to keep up with these other kids. It looks like there will be three of us running his pipe down there. I m also trying to get my pipe tested for db level. Rich told me he was using my bike to fit a pipe to go to Idaho I figured it was going to you guys You ll have to let me know what you think after you test it. Nice Red Bull can for silencer. Tee Hee

Shayden Housley #39

sldhd700
08-13-2007, 09:22 AM
QJ

I have been tring to find someone to test db level without any luck. Do you guys have any ideas who can do this for us?

Shayden Housley #39

hotquads1
08-13-2007, 09:42 AM
sldhd700 you may have a db meter at your local car stereo shop they use them in their boom contest , we also have had the local state troopers office test for us.
marc

QuadJunkies
08-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by sldhd700
QJ

I have been tring to find someone to test db level without any luck. Do you guys have any ideas who can do this for us?

Shayden Housley #39
We have a freind with a tester, so we may be able to swing that when he gets back from vacation.;)

Also, when you go to your practice on Friday, you have to pass inspection and your have several hours to go threw tech .
You could always see how it goes on Fri. and put on the stock one if you had to for just the wk end...
The funny thing is everywhere you go seems like the test differently, so testing it at home might be a better way to go to get a solid DB number.
Ill let you know !
Unless you planned on running the whole series, I wold just go out and have a good time and just go with it! Stepping it up is not a bad idea just as long as the fun comes first! :)

Troy and our motor builder got to see how all the pipes performed in person, they spent the day at the shop to do some experiments with pipes and Carbs.
New clutch mods would be where we are headed to next I think

QuadJunkies
08-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Nichols Atvs
No thats not me But doses sound cool ,dont think thats a good thing thou.
Its all good I was referring to sldhd700
:D

He spilled the beans first so I dont have to worry now.lol :p

sldhd700
08-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah let the cat out of the bag well maybe just its head. There is always something else going on. I couldn t help it they made me talk. Besides everyone will see them next month.

I called WORCs they told me if it failed the db level we could race that event we would just have to have it corrected before we could race again. This will probably be our only WORCs event for this year.

Marc I didn t think of a stereo shop, good idea. I called our law enforcement and they couldn t help. I think they may have been on bagel break.

Shayden Housley #39

QuadJunkies
08-13-2007, 12:33 PM
I talked to Troy about it today, and he said we will get the one we have here tested and let you know what he got for a reading .

He used it for the WORCS series and we used it on Kelsey Hybrid and came up with the same numbers.