PDA

View Full Version : parking brake block off- 300ex

"BLAHH"300!!
10-29-2001, 06:44 PM
i've been eyeing my parking brake latley and was wondering what all has to be removed to get it off- i see what all needs to be taken off the rear but up on the bars/clutch kinda has me wondering- - do i have to have the block off plate to make this work right or is that just for looks?- i see under the parking brake there's alot of room there- if i remove all this other stuff will my clutch slide up and down at will- how do i make it stay in one spot-?-is this what the block off plate does??-

10-31-2001, 09:23 PM
The block-off plate bolts onto the brake housing in place of the lever and spring assembly that contect to the cable that goes up to the handlebar.

Without the block-off plate, dirt can enter the brake housing which will most likely cause it to bind. The block-off plate we used (a "Cascade" part bought from Rocky Mountain ATV for about $9.00) is an aluminum billet item with an o-ring seal to keep dirt out of the brake housing. I looks great.

On the clutch perch, just remove the brake cable from the aluminum block that is part of the clutch perch. If you do remove that aluminum block that the cable connects to, the clutch lever can't stay in one place.

It is easy to remove the cable housing that is clamped to the swing arm.

Good luck.

:cool:

stocktires
10-31-2001, 09:47 PM
I have a WB brake block off you can HAVE if you pay the $4 of shipping!

trueblue450
11-01-2001, 03:20 PM
Ill buy it for shipping . If you really want to get rid of it email me at mx300ex@hotmail.com or give me your email. I really want one and if youre willing to give it away I'll be the man to take it. :D