PDA

View Full Version : how much are used rims worth?

AK400
08-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I have 4 ITP c-series chrome rims they came on the bike when i bought it used, im looking to sell them and buy the same rims again but in black, how much should I be asking for them?

CarGuy7a
08-12-2007, 01:00 PM
i would just powder coat them black.

AK400
08-12-2007, 01:03 PM
i thought about doing that but i wouldnt want them to get chip and look like ****. Some trails i ride can get a little rocky

400eXr1d3rZ
08-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by AK400
i thought about doing that but i wouldnt want them to get chip and look like ****. Some trails i ride can get a little rocky

Ha, you buy new ones they're going to be powdercoated black anyway, so why don't you just ship your wheels to BK Performance, or any local PCing place and have them do it.

AK400
08-12-2007, 01:21 PM
i just thought the factory PC would be stronger/better

CarGuy7a
08-12-2007, 01:57 PM
i dunno they might be annodized that crap never comes off.

AK400
08-12-2007, 02:00 PM
yeah im going to look into it, maybe i should just get them done, i just dont wanna spend a bunch of money on getting them PC and have it chip off if it gets dinged by a rock? Anyone know the average price to get rims done?

medicdude
08-12-2007, 03:16 PM
i would have yours coated..
my itps chipped the first ride. i dont even know if theyre PC'd. i think just paint.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-12-2007, 03:19 PM
It's powdercoat, factory powdercoat might be stronger than any other company can do, but I doubt it. Anodizing is a chemical change in the metal itself, it's not a paint, it changes the color of the metal.

blasterandy
08-12-2007, 04:28 PM
pappy does pc'ing ive heard a lot of good things about his work... Never had anything done but i would look into it... also i would personally have em pc'ed thr bajas look ok black but imo the c-series look better.

project400ex19
08-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I was in the exact same boat you were in AK400, I ended up trading the rims for a Snap-On torq wrench. Which i needed to put my quad back together. I ended up just buying Douglas Quad-Rock Rims, they have seemed to hold up a little nicer than my C-Series. Sometimes getting things powdercoated yourself is more headache than it is worth. I drove 4 hours 1 way to get my quad frame powdercoated. But It was well worth it!

A price on getting them powdercoated though would probably be close to just buying black ones. i would think about 40 bucks per rim. I think a new rim is about 75? give or take. I would just sell these and buy new rims. It's going to look nicer. because sometimes powdercoating doesn't cover if the metal isn't prepped good enough. Plus you will have to get them sand blasted and that's probably $10 a rim. So in the end it will be less headache just to get new rims. Unless you wanted to do a custom color.

A price on your rims selling them. If they are in good condition i would say 175 for the set of 4. that's my guesstimate. Hope this all makes sense.