PDA

View Full Version : new to suzuki

mjd400ex
08-12-2007, 10:13 AM
i am getting a new ltr450 next week.i just sold my 440ex.what are some things that i need to update on this atv? I have never had a suzuki before and i dont no what really goes wrong with them. thanks mike

LTR450_#67
08-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Well here are the first things I would do to it....

1. Get a service manual
2. Get rid of the stock airfilter cuz it'll tear after a couple cleanings. I would get a spare airfilter/s (I have 3 for mine) also. I use UNI Filters.
3. Get the "Cherry bomb" from Yoshimura....With this mod along with taking the airbox lid off and stock baffle will wake these machines up (Your old 440 wouldn't have a chance). You must get the cherry bomb otherwise you will run lean with just the other mods.
4. If you opt to get an exhaust get a FULL exhaust, cuz a slip-on will give you lil to nothing in terms of power gains since the uncorked stocker is just as good only heavier. My top choices would be Yoshimura, HMF and DASA. The DASA is dyno proven to be the top dog on another site by an other member (FUELATV) of this site, but the Yoshi and HMF are close next in line.
5. Get the shift pin relocator.....Click me (http://cernicsracing.com/cernicshiftpin.html) you'll want this cuz the pin is known to break out of the case when ridin aggressively. (Highly recommended!!)
6. If you are a lighter rider you'll want to back off the front preload all of the way (or damn near all the way).

The LTR is actually pretty reliable. I have had mine since Feb. of 2006 with no problems except for a recall they had on the first early batch of LTRs due to an incomplete weld.

Any other questions?

Aaron

Robin Hood
08-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Well here are the first things I would do to it....

1. Get a service manual
2. Get rid of the stock airfilter cuz it'll tear after a couple cleanings. I would get a spare airfilter/s (I have 3 for mine) also. I use UNI Filters.
3. Get the "Cherry bomb" from Yoshimura....With this mod along with taking the airbox lid off and stock baffle will wake these machines up (Your old 440 wouldn't have a chance). You must get the cherry bomb otherwise you will run lean with just the other mods.
4. If you opt to get an exhaust get a FULL exhaust, cuz a slip-on will give you lil to nothing in terms of power gains since the uncorked stocker is just as good only heavier. My top choices would be Yoshimura, HMF and DASA. The DASA is dyno proven to be the top dog on another site by an other member (FUELATV) of this site, but the Yoshi and HMF are close next in line.
5. Get the shift pin relocator.....Click me (http://cernicsracing.com/cernicshiftpin.html) you'll want this cuz the pin is known to break out of the case when ridin aggressively. (Highly recommended!!)
6. If you are a lighter rider you'll want to back off the front preload all of the way (or damn near all the way).

The LTR is actually pretty reliable. I have had mine since Feb. of 2006 with no problems except for a recall they had on the first early batch of LTRs due to an incomplete weld.

Any other questions?

Aaron

As a potential LTR purchaser, would the shift pin relocater pertain to the 07's also? I'm purchasing an 07 and the only drawbacks that I heard were that they have slightly weaker cases.

450Rchaser
08-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Well I agree w/ LTR450_#67. I went w/ power commander, fuelatv intake, cherry bomb, shift pin relocator, full Dasa Pipe. I got it ceramic coated and it looks awesome. The head pipe is huge. I also went w/ 13t front sprocket. All that was only like a grand and it will haul balls. Next im gonna change out the springs on the shocks. I just got a linkage. The ride is not bad but it could be better.

LTR450_#67
08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Yeah it would apply to the '07s also. I don't know about the '08s yet. They might have made a change to make it stronger.

Aaron