PDA

View Full Version : License test

ZeroLogic
08-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Well thurseday morning I am going to go for my first license test with my truck. Its a manual.:chinese:

I am so nervous right now. How did you guys deal with being nervous? I really hope I do get it. My friends said that the parallel parking isn't hard, they give you a car length and a half and three trys to do it.

troyleepred719
08-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Dont be worried at all, its easy, you just have to better than most asians. And when they make you parellel park, they only use one car,;) and its good that your taking it in a manual truck, cause that wil buy you points with most instructors....

Groves187
08-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Hey, Its not that bad, Just remember to use your blinkers and hands at 10 and 2 and you will be fine. You guys are lucky they only gave me one try and the parallel parking... To far from the curb... Make sure you know were all the buttons and stuff are in your truck (at least they asked me were they all were.. Not sure if they will do the same, But be ready) You will do fine!

Nick

Ghost-Rider
08-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Don't worry about it, i don't recommend using a truck but I'm sure you will do fine.

Blue250X
08-12-2007, 10:09 AM
You should be good as long as you follow the speed limit and drive carefully. As for parrellel (sp?) parking, I only got one try, but 3 back ups and 3 pulls forward. Your truck is pretty small right? It shouldn't be too bad, I took mine in a van:devil:

ZeroLogic
08-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys. Yea my truck isn't big at all. Its just the parallel parking that scares me the most. In a few minutes I'll go and practice again with my dad for one more time before I go for the test. Wish me luck! Thanks guys.

BTW heres a picture of my truck and my old 300. Sorry its blurry.

Ghost-Rider
08-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Pssh, don't worry about it, that truck is tiny, i thought you had a full size.

ny300exrider
08-12-2007, 12:33 PM
show them you have good control and know what your doing.....my instructer was very impressed with how i controlled the brake/gas/steering.... he actually asked if i have been driving or riding "motorized vehicles" for awhile and i screwed my parellel up too....i guess riding quads actually helped me out with something in life...as i was leaving a watched i girl take off from the curb..slammed the gas, car jolted, no blinker away.....automatic fail within 10 seconds.

miller821
08-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Wow, I didn't even have to parallel park or anything. We just drove down the road, turned around in someone's driveway, got back.. And he said I passed. Maybe out their for 10-12 minutes max.

Oh. And I thought parallel parking was always hard. But if you can pass this test. You can pass it on your exam.

http://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/driversed.shtml#

08-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Thanks guys. Yea my truck isn't big at all. Its just the parallel parking that scares me the most. In a few minutes I'll go and practice again with my dad for one more time before I go for the test. Wish me luck! Thanks guys.

BTW heres a picture of my truck and my old 300. Sorry its blurry.

I had to ride with a person from the DMV...And it really wasn't that hard. I didn't have to parallel park (did that with my instructor from Drivers Ed). I did my test with an automatic..Just because it made it that much easier.

hondaracer31
08-12-2007, 03:41 PM
You guys think parallel parking a pickup is tough?
When I took my CDL test I had to park a tractor trailer!

tar
08-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Don't worry about paralell parking it's not very hard.

400exstud
08-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Just don't cry during the exam!:scary:

hungus07trx400
08-12-2007, 07:44 PM
If you're taking it with a group of people, like a Drivers ed class, see if you can be the last one to go, or if they take a lunch break, be the one right before the instructors eat, thats what I did. I went last before lunch and everyone else's tests on the road were a lot more complicated than mine was.....The instructors just wanted to get out of there

ZeroLogic
08-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
Just don't cry during the exam!:scary:

Why the hell not!? :blah:

ZeroLogic
08-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Two more days.:chinese:

I just found out a little trick that they do. There is a stop sign in an intersection and its at a blind corner. You have to stop at the stop sign then pull up a little then stop again to see if anyone is comming. Ha! They can't fool me!:p

400exrider707
08-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Groves187
Hey, Its not that bad, Just remember to use your blinkers and hands at 10 and 2 and you will be fine.

Nick

Hands should be at 9 and 3 now, just FYI. The rule of thumb changed because of airbags. Its less of a risk of breaking your arms if they're at 9 and 3. Though driving manual, your hand is usually at 12 and shifter haha.

tar
08-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Hands should be at 9 and 3 now, just FYI. The rule of thumb changed because of airbags. Its less of a risk of breaking your arms if they're at 9 and 3. Though driving manual, your hand is usually at 12 and shifter haha.

Our drivers ed teacher said to just leave them at 10 and 2:confused:

mx825
08-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

i was going to say that!
i think it's kind of funny.

Scott-300ex
08-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by tar
Our drivers ed teacher said to just leave them at 10 and 2:confused:

WELL HE'S WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoL.

And I was gonna say yeh, How you gonna get out of 1st if you got them at 10 and 2?

Take it in a semi truck and they will really be impressed, Class D and your CDL all in the same day. :eek:

Oh and the test is easy. No reason to be nervous.

ZeroLogic
08-13-2007, 03:06 PM
When I'm going to switch gears where should my hand be on the steering wheel? At 10?

Mxjunkie
08-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm taking my test on September 11th ( yeah I know ) and I have to run my s10 with a 3000 stall converter and such... Who ever is doing my test is going to have to put up with a little movement and a tire chrip here and there.. :blah:

ZeroLogic
08-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Don't forget to show them the turbo and nitrous bottles! I got four bottles in my bed waiting for them. I hear they give you extra points for them.

Mxjunkie
08-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Don't forget to show them the turbo and nitrous bottles! I got four bottles in my bed waiting for them. I hear they give you extra points for them.

They will probaly fail me once they see it's pinkish purple.... :devil: :chinese:

ZeroLogic
08-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Gay pride reppin! :chinese:

mephyst
08-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm sure where I took my test in Cali they are much more strict... I only got marked off 2 points just because they had to mark me for something.

I got marked 2 points for not looking left and right going through an intersection while it was a green light and I even had cars infront of me... How stupid huh? :rolleyes:

Basically, just look like a retard, glancing at your mirrors and over exaggerating looking over your shoulder every 5 seconds. :p

ZeroLogic
08-13-2007, 03:35 PM
10-4.

Mxjunkie
08-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Gay pride reppin! :chinese:

Your going to fail now..... :scary:

trick450r
08-13-2007, 03:46 PM
i got in my truck...95' f250 powerstroke, and the instructor said, wow nice truck, you crash you fail, you get me to that parking lot and back you pass, then again even if we crash, if its not bad enough to wreck your truck you pass...laughing i drove him to the parking lot and back as he comented on how cool my 4 inch straight pipe sounds.....its easy

ZeroLogic
08-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Your going to fail now..... :scary:

Yea but in the end I still won't be the one sitting in a pinkish purple truck!:blah:

I'm just kidding Josh your truck is sexy...

...for a Chevy.:p

Blue250X
08-14-2007, 06:46 AM

Oh no he didn't!!:eek: :D

CRich[814]
08-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Blue250X

oohhh snap! he did.

i take my test september sixth at eight thirty a.m. so excited.

ZeroLogic
08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X

Don't go thur gurlfrienndd!

:blah:

One more day! (Not including today)

Wish me luck guys! I sure as hell need it.

ZeroLogic
08-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Wow, I didn't even have to parallel park or anything. We just drove down the road, turned around in someone's driveway, got back.. And he said I passed. Maybe out their for 10-12 minutes max.

Oh. And I thought parallel parking was always hard. But if you can pass this test. You can pass it on your exam.

http://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/driversed.shtml#

**** THAT ****ING ****TY ****ING GAME!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :grr: :grr: :grr:

suzukigirl
08-14-2007, 05:17 PM
haha..you guys are hilarious....and that game it really hard..you can't stop :ermm: .....good luck with your test

krt400ex
08-14-2007, 05:58 PM
i get mine in 3 months to the day...cant wait

ZeroLogic
08-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
haha..you guys are hilarious....and that game it really hard..you can't stop :ermm: .....good luck with your test

Yea, if you could stop it would a lot easier.

Best of luck to you guys going to take the test and thank you for wishing good luck on me. Lol.

Mxjunkie
08-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Yea but in the end I still won't be the one sitting in a pinkish purple truck!:blah:

I'm just kidding Josh your truck is sexy...

I'll push my chevy if it breaks down and finish my license test.. once I get it rolling again :blah:

ZeroLogic
08-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Just tell them because of the recent rise in 108 octane gas prices you have to push your truck to conserve gas.

08-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Yea, if you could stop it would a lot easier.

Best of luck to you guys going to take the test and thank you for wishing good luck on me. Lol.

That may have been the easiest game I have ever played.....In my life. I got 1 demerit the whole time.

But then again, I'm race car material.

YEAH YEAH, BOY.

ZeroLogic
08-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Tomorrow is my test at 9:30am! Wish me luck! I'm so nervous right now.:ermm:

ZeroLogic
08-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Well I'm off to get my license. Wish me luck!

RidinRed420
08-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Well I'm off to get my license. Wish me luck!

good luck... but i really dont think you'll need it. the license test is a joke! do you see the way people drive?? 99% of people don't have a clue what they are doing out there! they stop at yeild signs. blast through red lights. can't park in a regular parking spot, and try to "nose into" paralell parking spots. they don't use their mirrors, nevermind head check when they are going to change lanes. they get on the highway doing 40 and cruise in the fast lane doing 60. and boston is only the number 3 worst place to drive!

I hate the way people drive and I think the driving test should be much harder than it is and drivers ed should be a 4 year class in high school like english.

ZeroLogic
08-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Well I didn't pass. He failed me for parallel parking and turning.

He was one of the most rudest people I have ever met in my life. My mom asked him a simple question about when to sign a paper in the nicest way possible and he snaps back "well did you read the paper?!" and had a grin on his face. I then asked him if he needed to see the insurance and registration for the car. He replys in a rude manner and says I'll ask for you them when I'm ready. So I say alright. We go to my truck and he says ok get into the truck and wait. So I get into it and sit there and wait. He then said "Ok, start your car up." I put my seat belt on and start it up. He asks me to do the turning signles, lights and what now. So we go off. Now I can bearly hear this guy talking when he tells me where to go. So at one point it sounded like he said to turn left. So I was going to and then he yells at me "No I said turn right!".

So I go off driving and I was going to switch gears. He said you are going to fail with one hand on the steering wheel. How do you want me to shift? With my third ****ing arm?

On one intercetion there was an lady comming from the right with no turning singals on. So I stoped at the stop sign and waited to see where she was going to stop. He says "No you take your chance when its your turn to go" WHAT THE ****! Am I soppose to take a chance in getting into a accident or play it safe and see what the person is doing.

I then go to parallel park the truck. So he says ok go parallel park by the cones. So I'm like "okay, do you want me to park infront or behind them?" He says, and I quote "No! I want you to park right between them pull up in on the side of them and stop!" So I do so. He says "ok I am going to give you three attempts at this." Okay so I am happy to hear that. So I go to do my first try. My rear end was out a little bit and There was no enough room to adjust in the space he gave me. I said "Alright, can I try again?" He says "No just go!" UH, HE SAID HE WOULD GIVE ME THREE ****ING CHANCES TO PARK!. So I start to pull out turning signals and looking over my sholder and mirrors on my left. He said I have to look over my right sholder as well. Wow, okay, why?. Is there going to be a car that snuck up right behind me with about a foot of room and went to park and decided to back out?!

So now I'm pissed then ever. We go back to the starting location and he says, well it looks like your not ready. You need to learn how to turn and parallel park. I said alright thank you but... He just gets out of the truck and never let me finish. I wanted to know what part of turning I was doing bad on. I never hit the curb when turning or gone out into the other lane. I always made a full stop at the stop signs and always using my signals. If there was a blind corner, I would stop at the stop sign look around, pull up til I can see. Make a full stop then look again.

Sorry for the long post. I am just real upset. Can you guys see what I did worng?:mad: :mad: :mad:

mx825
08-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Sorry for the long post. I am just real upset. Can you guys see what I did worng?:mad: :mad: :mad:

sounds like a douchebag. i wouldn't worry about it, you can always go again.

ZeroLogic
08-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Six week waiting time is no fun.:ermm:

ny300exrider
08-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by mx825
sounds like a douchebag. i wouldn't worry about it, you can always go again. ditto...dont get too heated and just hope for another instructer without something up his @$$

oh and btw, here in NY the look over the shoulder is a must.....your done if you dont do it so get into the habit for your next one

goodluck

CRich[814]
08-16-2007, 09:03 PM
that sucks bro. im so pumped for my test in a few weeks.

Ghost-Rider
08-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Thats when you do a huge burnout from anger while he is exiting your truck.

mx825
08-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Six week waiting time is no fun.:ermm:

woah didn't know it was that long..

better luck next time!

Ghost-Rider
08-17-2007, 12:49 AM
If he was truly that bad,I would look into having your parents complain to the state about him.

pro-rider46
08-17-2007, 01:17 AM
request him for your next test and take him out on a back road and beat the living s**T out of him

mineralgrey01gt
08-17-2007, 02:00 AM
they let you take the test with a manual? Here in Louisiana or at least where I went to, you can only take it with an automatic

mephyst
08-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Wow man that is horrible. You should look into taking your test in another county or something too and you may be able to take it sooner than 6 weeks.

Don't even get me started about the DMV. I HATE THE DMV... I HATE THE DMV... I'll say it again, I HATE THE DMV.

When I was 15, I had my license test set for my 16th birthday like many kids do. I could not wait and was happy as ever and not too stress out at all. I get there, go to the counter and start doing all my paperwork. I brought my drivers ed certificates, birth certificate, and social security card like you're supposed to. The lady is processing all of my paperwork and somewhere in the system they put down my birthday was June 19, 1990 and not 1988. It was obviously an error, I had my birth certificate and a form of ID with me, not to mention I already had my permit. I have no idea how I could have gotten my permit if they thought I was 14???!?
So I get frustrated and they tell me it has something to do with my social security number and they send me to a place to fix it and wouldn't let me take my test that day. I WAS SO PISSED!! Totally not my fault- nothing I could do.

I go to fix my social security ordeal and make another appointment that day. It was a 4 week wait. I go back 4 weeks later... the system was STILL messed up and then I flipped out because it was total bullchit. Then the nicest black woman I have ever met in my life saved the day. She comes over, punches in a few things on the keyboard and overwrites it. Wow, they could have done that the first time. (Keep in mind I haven't even got to take my test yet.) In the end, I ended up getting docked 2 points for not looking side to side through an intersection with a green light and that was it.

Every time I step into the DMV there is always some sort of issue, just like when they said I couldn't get my motorcycle license when I was 17. I was told this by not one, but about three or four different people that worked there that day. I ended up grabbing their manager and he even said I couldn't so I go get one of their little CA Motorcycle Handbooks and point it out to him. People that work at the DMV are morons.

I still hate the DMV.

Quad18star
08-17-2007, 06:10 AM
I took my road test in my dad's Dodge truck in the middle of a snowstorm.... there was easily a foot or more of snow on the roads , a bit of freezing rain and patches of glare ice under all the snow. I sure as hell didn't have to worry about going over the speed limit ... but it was a PITA that my windshield and wipers were freezing up.

The guy told me to parallel park up a hill where there was no cars parked. Instead of pulling up , then throwing the truck into reverse and going into the spot , I just pulled right in and parked next to the curb . :p He then told me that he had wanted me to back into the spot . I told him I could , but chances are we'd slide halfway down the hill. That was the only mistake I ahd made on my drivers test . We're aloud 4 mistakes , and I knew I had aced everything else , so i really didn't care. :devil:

That was 8 years ago. Time flies . I'm now teaching my girlfriend how to drive . LOL

Scott-300ex
08-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I took my road test in my dad's Dodge truck in the middle of a snowstorm.... there was easily a foot or more of snow on the roads , a bit of freezing rain and patches of glare ice under all the snow. I sure as hell didn't have to worry about going over the speed limit ... but it was a PITA that my windshield and wipers were freezing up.

The guy told me to parallel park up a hill where there was no cars parked. Instead of pulling up , then throwing the truck into reverse and going into the spot , I just pulled right in and parked next to the curb . :p He then told me that he had wanted me to back into the spot . I told him I could , but chances are we'd slide halfway down the hill. That was the only mistake I ahd made on my drivers test . We're aloud 4 mistakes , and I knew I had aced everything else , so i really didn't care. :devil:

That was 8 years ago. Time flies . I'm now teaching my girlfriend how to drive . LOL

Thats a little young for you eh? 24 and 15? :confused:

Sorry you failed dude, but ask for another instructor next time.

And yeh people at the DVM are ALWAYS dicks and just like to cause problems, thats why I hate goin there.

stalefish_132
08-17-2007, 04:39 PM
i passed my drivers test this morning, the guy was pretty good. had to do a 3 point turn, parralle park, park on the side fo the road and point out potential hazzards and what not.

oh and i had to take in in my dads GM 2500HD crewcab:eek:

ZeroLogic
08-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Just rub it in.:blah: :(

ZeroLogic
08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
they let you take the test with a manual? Here in Louisiana or at least where I went to, you can only take it with an automatic

Yea, you can take it in whatever you want. I figured that since its my truck, why not see if I can drive it to meet their standards. Also I figured he would give me some leeway.

blasterandy
08-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Sounds like an f-ing dick. Wen i took mine in december, i got this lady named tina she was pretty cool. She sneezed while i was driving and scared the living hell outta me. Anyways she let me do the para. parking 2 twice 1st time i restarted second time i just fixed it. Its always good to talk to the instructor ahead of time and kind of get to know them. Like tina is purtorican and is from canada. Dunno how that happpend but i still passed with 2pts off my friend lost like 16 but you can lose like 30 and not fail so i did good. And i have yet to get into a wreck or a ticket. So a little over 8mnths and im still doing good. Also it is best if you stay confident, if you arn't act like you are. Just make everything you do intentional.

ny300exrider
08-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
Wow man that is horrible. You should look into taking your test in another county or something too and you may be able to take it sooner than 6 weeks.

Don't even get me started about the DMV. I HATE THE DMV... I HATE THE DMV... I'll say it again, I HATE THE DMV.

When I was 15, I had my license test set for my 16th birthday like many kids do. I could not wait and was happy as ever and not too stress out at all. I get there, go to the counter and start doing all my paperwork. I brought my drivers ed certificates, birth certificate, and social security card like you're supposed to. The lady is processing all of my paperwork and somewhere in the system they put down my birthday was June 19, 1990 and not 1988. It was obviously an error, I had my birth certificate and a form of ID with me, not to mention I already had my permit. I have no idea how I could have gotten my permit if they thought I was 14???!?
So I get frustrated and they tell me it has something to do with my social security number and they send me to a place to fix it and wouldn't let me take my test that day. I WAS SO PISSED!! Totally not my fault- nothing I could do.

I go to fix my social security ordeal and make another appointment that day. It was a 4 week wait. I go back 4 weeks later... the system was STILL messed up and then I flipped out because it was total bullchit. Then the nicest black woman I have ever met in my life saved the day. She comes over, punches in a few things on the keyboard and overwrites it. Wow, they could have done that the first time. (Keep in mind I haven't even got to take my test yet.) In the end, I ended up getting docked 2 points for not looking side to side through an intersection with a green light and that was it.

Every time I step into the DMV there is always some sort of issue, just like when they said I couldn't get my motorcycle license when I was 17. I was told this by not one, but about three or four different people that worked there that day. I ended up grabbing their manager and he even said I couldn't so I go get one of their little CA Motorcycle Handbooks and point it out to him. People that work at the DMV are morons.

I still hate the DMV.

DITTTTTTOOOO.

lets put it this way...........i didnt get my license until 2 months after i passed my road test cause dmv lost my drivers ed certificate. if i could explain to you how pissed i was getting a ride to school every day for 2 months while every other kid drove, itd be a long explanation. it doesnt sound like alot, but when your looking forward to driving and get held up for 2 months, it effin sucks......

so thats why i said screw it and drove anyway...woopsies