PDA

View Full Version : Hillbilly GP Schedule

Huzler
08-12-2007, 12:08 AM
anyone know when the website schedule will be updated?? or where i can pick up a printed one?? just gettin to be that time of year and i missed a missouri race because the website was updated after i saved the old schedule so was just tryin to plan ahead for work so i can make most or all the races. THANKS

EDITED--SUBJECT

millphoto
08-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Guys and gals if what I heard last week is true we are in danger of losing our place to race in the Hillbilly GP's :confused: :confused: This would be horrible. In fact it would probably make myself and several others that I know of quit the sport entirely. The hillbilly crew has always treated ATV'ers with much more respect than the MHSC ever could. We need to really show how much we appreciate that by showing up to race. They do NOT want to eliminate ATV's from the line-up it's just a matter of not enough racers showing up to compete. It's to much work for them for only 40-60 atv's. The schedule should be coming out anytime and hopefully we will have a few races on it. If you care anything about ATV racing in Missouri, PLEASE try to participate in every HGP race that you can.

millphoto
08-12-2007, 07:17 AM
I just started a "Hillbilly Roll Call" on the HGP website, so if you planning on running some of the races please go over and post.
www.hillbillygp.com

Huzler
08-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks Tim. Tryin to decide weather to try the B class or stay back till next yr. so who knows.

millphoto
08-12-2007, 03:27 PM
try to look someone up that races the b class at the first hillbilly or one of the missouri's and see if you can hang with them on practice. If you can't find anyone come get me or Stephen, one of us should be running practice.

m.h.s.c.#527
08-16-2007, 11:18 PM
this stinks i cant even race most mhsc races cuz its too hot for my mom and sister. if this is true theres no reason 4 me to keep a quad around. ive only ran one season but im n love with the hillbillys and am sad to see it go. i dont see the problem with 40 2 60 atvs. and with three atv races no one will show up it wont be a race for the class winner cus one dnf or problem that slows you down or any problem you are done

if the hillbillys go to 3 races what series and whatnot will you be doing?

86atc250r
08-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Don't give up, guys -- there has been a lot of talk by a lot of different people on alternatives.

If an alternative becomes available (which is likely) it will be done by ATV guys for ATV guys - eliminating the "bike guy" crap so prevalent in "other" series's...

Personally, I believe no matter what the turnout, the HGP series would be eliminating or reducing the number of ATV races - the promoter's interest lies with the bikes and I believe he is is simply trying to scale back the series for personal reasons.

m.h.s.c.#527
08-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Tim,

Are you and stephen planning on going to the last 3 mhsc races or any of em? I got the OK if grades are good so hope to see you there. I might be gettin Logan Stephens to race we'll see. so ill add him to the roll call as soon as i know

jlm996s
08-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Gabe, if an alternative becomes available....will that series stay local (like the HBGP) or more state wide like that state series?

86atc250r
08-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Hard to say - I've talked to a few people over the past few weeks and all have different ideas. More than one may stick - hard to say at this point.

Things ranging from running a state or even regional ATV XC series to running a TT/Scramble (a little faster, a little wider, etc) series at possibly a single location.

We'll let things shake out for a bit and see what happens. There are enough ATV racers, experience, and available venues in the area that something good is bound to happen.

jlm996s
08-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, Spud just posted on the Hillbilly site that it will now be motorcycle only:( . So with that said, will there be any winter races for ATVs?

86atc250r
08-30-2007, 01:55 PM
I haven't heard anything definite, but I do know people are talking & ideas are being exchanged.

I would not be surprised at all to see an ATV only series that has far more potential than the HGP series ever had.

I don't think of this as a negative, I think it will be a positive change for the ATV crowd in Missouri.

powerstroke
08-31-2007, 09:01 AM
If you are looking to race in the winter and the hillbillys are going to be "bike only" then I would look to the mid-south series. The mid-south series is a very strong winter series with big turn outs and tough competition. Depending on where you live the travel time might not be too bad. I live about 30 minutes southeast of St. louis and I can be at most of the mid souths in 3- 6 hours.

http://www.msws.org/

millphoto
08-31-2007, 11:55 AM
There will be something to replace the Hillbilly's starting January 5th. This will be a quad only series run by quad guys who love the sport and want to see it grow. More info will be on the way soon. We're starting a mailing list for those who want to be kept in the loop. Please email me at millphoto@townsqr.com if you want to be on it. Get your quads ready boys and girl cuz it's time to put aside the bike vs atv crap!

yfz450xc
08-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the polotics of racing Tim .
Just hang in thier and keep your view straight never giving in.
Scott :D :D

millphoto
09-07-2007, 05:45 PM
preliminary website is up! www.oxcracing.com

Huzler
09-09-2007, 04:21 PM
hey i think what ya are doing is a good thing and keep up the good work

MossboysRacing
09-10-2007, 09:00 PM
MossboysRacing will make as many as we can !!! Keep it up Tim!!!
You are such a stud :D

Johnny & Monica
09-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Are you going to keep points for the kids for series points?

millphoto
09-11-2007, 12:13 PM
That subject is still being decided on but, at the moment it looks like we will probably have peewees and if we do race them we will definitely keep season points. We do need some suggestions for peewee classes. Spud usually just had peewee pro and peewee 8 & under. If you have any thoughts on peewees in general please let us know. We really want to keep it simple if possible. At least for the first year.

scramblerracer
09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Tim, website looks good. E mail me when you know what I can do to help. Also as a suggestion, you could setup a pay pal donation link on the website. I think many ATV guys would donate if it is easy to hide from the wife. Ha Ha. This is an awesome opportunity for the Missouri area ATV racers to have a voice at the start of a new series. I would like to vote no tire straddling for the starts if you are interested but I will gladly support anything you want to do.

millphoto
09-21-2007, 10:15 AM
our discussion forum is up and operating!!! check it out at www.oxcracing.com Maybe once we get to racing we'll have our own spot on ATVriders.com too!

moto50
10-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't know what the riding area is like but you might talk to Larry's Honda about the riding area they have in Jeff city.