PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather...

bpimpdaddy21
10-27-2002, 07:49 AM
Ok, I have a small problem. This summer when I got my T-4, I had my 400ex jetted perfectly. You can see my mods in my signiture. The thing is, I went out to ride it the other day, and it seemed like it was sputtering a little bit. I am not sure if this was because I was low on gas (barely had a quarter of a tank) or because the jetting leans out in the winter time. It would sputting between half and full throttle, slightly. I am wondering if it is commonplace to go up or down a jet size in the winter for better performance, and it so should I go up or down a jet size?
I would figure you would change the jets in the winter due to the air getting thinner. I still have a 160 I could put in, and all the way down to a 148. Let me know guys. Thanks.

RED121572
10-27-2002, 08:07 AM
Personally, I would start by filling the tank with fresh go go juice. If that didnt do it, then I would mess with the jetting a bit. Ive never felt that my machine had to be rejetted for the season changes.

I actually finished rebuilding mine friday afternoon. I got a chance to ride it for a short while. It ran pretty sluggish. Im thinking its the month old gas I have in it.

Let us know what you find out with yours.