PDA

View Full Version : What are the problems with the new ones

cthomps07
08-11-2007, 08:25 PM
I have been reading on here and an noticed there are different problems with different years. I am trying to buy a 450 right now an 07 left over if I can find one if not a new 08. I dont know if kick start makes a difference but it will be a kicker. What are problems I should expect with the newer ones. It will remain mostly stock with maybe an exhaust add on and jetting to go with it. It wont be raced heavily just trail ridden and the occasional race with my buddy's yfz. Should I be real concerned with anything?

Flyin-Low
08-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Nothing really major, Honda hasn't changed anything from 06-07 and 08's remain the same except for minor cosmetic changes.

You MAY find some trouble later on the transmission, nothing too crazy though and very few people have had this.

And you MAY find trouble in the starter clutch but Honda will repair that for free.

Other than those, your good to go!

-Martin

Rich250RRacer
08-11-2007, 11:36 PM
My '07 and my friend's '06 both have HRC kits and will stall for absolutely no reason, then refuse to restart. I have a thread on here titled "I hate this quad" that gives the details.

quadguy83
08-12-2007, 09:10 AM
I had the same problem with mine stalling alot. One thing i found was my decompression adjustment was only give me about 20 psi to start. I adjusted it to around 85 to 90 psi and it starts alot better. Also i found my carb fuel accel pump timing was way off the slide was almost all the way open till it would squirt fuel. It still is a !*$% to start sometimes if i stall it hot. Just a little info on what helped me.

Flyin-Low
08-12-2007, 09:51 AM
The whole hot starting issuse has A LOT to do with user error.. The main reason hard starting occurs is because of improper A/F adjustment.

-Martin

GIXXER1KR
08-12-2007, 01:19 PM
I agree Flyin-Low...The HRC kit did help a lot on my 06 with the stalling and starting but nothing like the adjustable a/f screw did.In the winter i would almost kill a battery to start it and now just a couple turns.Its also convenient with the low end bog.A couple slow passes and burps of the throttle and a small turn here and there on the screw and its fine.I wasted so much time rejetting this thing and all it need was the adjustable screw!!!

cthomps07
08-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info. Looks like I will have one here in a couple weeks.