PDA

View Full Version : Web Cams????

frogburner
10-27-2002, 07:34 AM
If I were to do a 416 Kit,, port and polish, and a Hot cam setup,, what would be my best choice... I have often thought about it,, but dont really know.... Titanium Valves???? What kinda piston???

RED121572
10-27-2002, 08:35 AM
I maybe wrong and I hope someone can prove me wrong, but as far as I know, titanium valves arent available. Only the retainers are titanium. Ask yourself, are you in the points race for the GNCC Championship? If not, I would consider spending money for the titanium retainers elsewhere. I considered port and polish too. To have it done right, porting is too expensive for play riding. (I dont race) For 25 bucks, I had everything polished though.

Is race gas available to you? If so, I would consider a 12:1 or 13:1 piston. I hear they make super light weight racing pistons. If you can find one and afford it, I recommend that as well. I dont like race gas, it contaminated my oil and the lead deposts stuck on everything.

As far as cams are concerned, you must decide where in the power band would you want the most power. Im not a cam expert, so I will let someone else pick up from there.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.