PDA

View Full Version : need help please

FireFighterI
08-11-2007, 06:13 PM
I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and what to do about it... its started off when I noticed a hair line fracture in my right side crank case just below the kicker.. well eventually that cracked all the way open and I had to replace the right side crank case and all the seals.. that has been about a year ago now and I have had no problems.. till now. I just got done putting in a new 13:1 piston in and a stage 2 hot cam.. today I was out breaking it in and when i got back and parked it in the shop i noticed a small amount of oil leaking on the ground.. I found that the seal on the crank case right below the kicker had blown out and oil was leaking from it.. what could have cause the seal to blow out like that? I have a dunes trip in two weeks so I need to get it fixed fast but I also need to know what caused it... any input would be awesome... thanks

bumble bee band
08-11-2007, 08:20 PM
no clue man sounds like a freak accident !

FireFighterI
08-12-2007, 11:13 AM
arg.. someone has to have some idea... maybe pressure from a back fire could have caused it?

Jersey450R
08-12-2007, 01:26 PM
how hard do u kick it to start it?

FireFighterI
08-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
how hard do u kick it to start it?

well I have to kick it alot when it is hot to start it.. I was just reading on the thread titled I hate this quad and it sounds like I am having the same problem that alot of other people are having. does anything that bumping the throttle while starting could have caused it to blow out the gasket on the right side crank case near the kicker? sounds like touching the throttle at all while starting is a bad idea.. so is my hard starting when hot cause from the a/f being to lean?