PDA

View Full Version : how to change oil on 660 rappy??

fastfox
08-11-2007, 04:42 PM
where is the drain plug on my 660 rappy?? also if i put the new oil in that tank will it run down into the motor or is their 2 places to put the new oil in??, and how much oil does it hold??

thanks

is4baja
08-12-2007, 01:41 PM
the drain plug is on the left side of the motor near the corner. Its on the bottom left side. I drain mine from there and from the black oil container in the front. Not sure if you are just suppose to drain it from the bottom but i drain both areas. yea there is just one area to put the oil through and it will go all the way to the motor. the oil goes in the black oil tank in the front. ive never measure the amount of oil but i usually fill it until the marker says full, and then i turn it on for about five minutes, turn it off and let it cool down. Then i check the oil level again. The oil level usually goes down after you turn it on for a little

xxnightraven73x
08-12-2007, 05:23 PM
the rappy has two drain plugs one is down by the shifter the other is in the bottom of the oil tank drain them both the rappy takes 3 quarts to fill back up youll get about two in and itll be full fire it up let it run for about 10 seconds blip the throttle a couple times shut it down and top it off with the third quart should take most if not all of the third

fastfox
08-12-2007, 06:42 PM
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxnightraven73x
08-12-2007, 06:46 PM
not a problem anymore questions just ask. you can also join www.raptorforum.com theres a ton of info and great guys over there im on there too under the same name as here

Indy
08-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Dont put 3 qts in it will be overfull!!

2 1/2 qts should fill it up.

xxnightraven73x
08-14-2007, 03:34 PM
not according to yamaha 2.86 quarts they built it and thats the spec i run three in mine everytime i change the oil and never had a problem im also running 20/50 synthetic which has never done me wrong

cjkranz
08-19-2007, 10:33 AM
If I remember right with an oil change and filter change it takes a total of 2.9 quarts (approx.) And as stated above, you can't get all of that in the oil tank at once. Also as stated, the quad has to be started to pull the oil into the motor (its not gravity fed) If you fill up just the oil tank and call it good, you'll be missing nearly 1/3 of your oil..

fastfox
08-19-2007, 10:48 AM
should you put some oil in the block before starting??