PDA

View Full Version : Help Question...

ride-to-live
08-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Ok im posting about help on a warrior. I know its the wrong section but the warrior forum is dead... i mean not active at all. So if anyone can help with this general question please do.

-Ok on my warrior when im flying down the road and i let of the throttle it starts to backfire and make poping out the pipe. Also when you go to start it in the mornings or the first time to start it that day.. it like doesnt ideal at all and keeps dieing and making noises. Is this caused from jetting? I have took the baffle out and put a uni filter in it but i never jetted it? So is that what i need to do or is it something else:confused:

85ta383
08-11-2007, 08:18 AM
yep def need some jets. any engine modification usually warrents a rejet

ride-to-live
08-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Alright but i really dont know what to rejet to... like i dont know what the stock jetting is? And i dont know how much to go up on jetting.

chrisjhayes2008
08-11-2007, 10:32 AM
i would go with dyno jet and use a 165 main jet put a outwear on your filter and remove the lid when i did that whan i first got my 400 it made a diff
jet kit 50.00
outwear is like 15.00

f150mann
08-11-2007, 10:39 AM
check your plug, if its white, move up a size on the jet. just pull the stock one out it says right on it what size it is

ride-to-live
08-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Ok when i pulled the plug it was black? What does that mean?

honda300EXtreme
08-11-2007, 01:15 PM
black means your rich...

but im assuming you didnt change the plug when you removed the baffle and added the filter so that isnt really relevant...

the popping you experincing is from being lean on your pilot circuit, not your main jet

so what i would do is first try adjusting your air/fuel screw,, but you can only go out so far before it falls out, so i would back it out about a full turn and see how it runs,, if it still pops i would bump up your pilot jet one size and then fine tune from there...

also you might want to throw in a new plug and get some color on it....

but for the filter and baffle removle i would just bump up your main jet up one size..