PDA

View Full Version : The Metrakit fairy showed up!!

bulldogfallon
08-11-2007, 05:10 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to see a big Metrakit box show up with their 70cc race cylinders and even better their much sought after pro race pipe....

The pipes are hard top come by, so I am very excited to be able to start testing their top end kit with the real pipe that it should be used with.

So far nobody has had the pipe to use with the kit...

Oh yeah.....the Elka long travel suspension showed up too....

Hopefully next week Dave Carter's A-arms and swingarms will show up and we will have one nasty little DRX70 for our next race!!

Kep you posted on the testing with their pro pipe!!!

riding4fun
08-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Gary,

I can't wait to hear your results. That is gonna be one bad mini. Let's see some pics when your done.

The good thing with me being a step behind everybody is I get to put on what has been tested and true. Thanks to you guys. :D

bulldogfallon
08-11-2007, 09:19 AM
I actually have a few of the pipes so when your ready let me know

hotquads1
08-13-2007, 10:06 AM
when you get her going , give us those pipe results, when you start testing let me know and I will send you one of the new MACH 1 pipes and let you give us your opinion.
marc

WOLFPACK
08-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Top four at Loretta's were MetraKit's. Christian Horn entered his 70 Metrakit in the 90 class and took a second.

Ozzie came and hung out with us and wasa able to see first hand what is cylinder kits could do.

Shane

howmuchnow
08-14-2007, 05:30 AM
I wouldn't say that to loud the 90 jr and sr. class is 71 to 90cc 2stroke, and 125 4 stroke. But its the atva the will let anything go to get kids on the gate. (lol) Ive seen a lot of quads running in the wrong class this year.

WOLFPACK
08-14-2007, 08:42 AM
They knew that when they entered. They just wanted to see what he and the motor could do.

hotquads1
08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
it do run good !!

howmuchnow
08-14-2007, 10:30 AM
So what your saying is he/she took the plaque for 2nd on a quad that was not leagle. I know it was under cc but wrong is wrong.

Nichols Atvs
08-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Guess he and the motor were (SMOOOOKIN).

drr5
08-16-2007, 11:42 AM
just finished an instal on an 07 drx metrakit pro race, pro race pippe this thing runs and looks awesome, although the silencer fittment i did not like we made some adjustments to make it fit now it looks factory well see how this setup works this weekend.

howmuchnow
08-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Spider what your saying is the rule is there for most but not all, if your fast it don't apply to you. All i'm saying is there was a boy/girl that got 11th on a quad that was leagel for the class and did not get a plaque because he or she got beat by a quad that should not have been on the track.I think I will try and enter my daughter on her cobra 50 in the 70 cvt class, no its not a cvt but it's under cc so it should be ok, right. Trying to find out the if the 70 would compete with a 90 is ok just not at a national.

drr5
08-17-2007, 07:06 AM
i agree, people spEnt alot of cash to get there fair is fair right is right and wrong is well-------------- wrong. unless of course they were willing to do it and not be scored with agroup that could not fill the gates but i dont know if that was the case.

quadnana7
08-21-2007, 08:18 PM
You know I have listened to all your comments on running a 70 CVT in the get this right folks it was the 90 CVT class not the Jr. or Sr. production 1st thing is no one knows if it was a 70 or 90 they didn't protest us we could have had 2 motors who is to say the 2nd motor was not built to a 90, 2nd a cobra can't run in the CVT class it is not a CVT, 3rd the Cobras run up in a class to get their contingency there has never been a problem with that fair is fair whether it is for contingency or not, 4th he came in 3rd not 2nd place and 5th the only reason anyone is complaining is they got beat by someone they think was running UNDER CC not over! and last but not least since your 30 minutes is up for a protest why don't you compair lap times on the 70 CVT class and the lap times on the 90 CVT for him. If he had of come in dead last would anyone be complaining If anyone had a problem they should have protested us then not wait and complain on the forum that they got beat by what they think was a smaller CC and that we were illegal how does anyone know if we were illegal or not WE WERE NOT PROTESTED All year long we have heard that kids were illegal they were running higher CC's I will say what I told every one that said that in front of me if you have a problem there is a way to clear it up it is called PROTEST and that is what it is there for to keep everyone honest
I am pushing for random tear downs at the Nationals that will keep everyone honest what about you? We don't have a problem replacing a little gasket after a tear down what is that a couple of bucks :ermm: :confused: :huh

howmuchnow
08-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Easy grandma I was replying to Wolfpacks comment of him being on a 70 in the 90 class. cvt or production its still 71 to 90cc. I hope you were leagle for the integreaty of the sport. Remember these are kids racing. I was not at LL and do not run the CVT class so I couldnt of protested ya.

quadnana7
08-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Grandma is fine just replying to your post as I said I want random tear downs at the Nationals What about you? Ever wonder how many kids ran over CC's in that class? :ermm: and remember sonny always respect your elders and at Loretta's always obey the 10 commandments okay HaHa! :D ;) :) :D ;)

drr5
08-22-2007, 09:16 AM
okay now thats about enough out of you two get along or well give ya 10 lashes with a wore out cvt belt. LOL:D

Andyman17dad
08-22-2007, 01:10 PM
:D :D I love reading these forums!!! It is SO much better than daytime tv!!

As far as Christian running his 70.....whatever......(does it really matter??) I saw the way he was riding at Loretta's, and he would have finished near the front on a stock 50!! He had the light switch on and was haulin' butt! Everyone should be glad he wasn't on a 90 or he would have been lapping the field!!! Then you would REALLY hear some complaints!! :D :D

jetmedic
08-22-2007, 05:56 PM
So have we determined who really is the Metrakit Fairy?

kenjolly
08-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Gary BULLDOG Fallon He has lots of metrakit parts. he does have one less crank, i figured if i had the rest i might as well go in the hole a little more. thanks gary

quadnana7
08-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks Andyman for the compliment I think he did great also but then I am his Nana and I always think he does great win or lose as long as he is having fun.We enjoyed racing with all of the NEATV boys at Loretta"s Hope everyone will get to come to most of the races next season always need excellent riders to race against.:) :D