PDA

View Full Version : DG or AC bumper, skids?

10-29-2001, 05:48 PM
i was wondering... what bumper to get, DG or AC. what dou guys think? im kinda leaning toward DG?.?. and, would an AC body skid fit with a DGbumper cause im pretty much sure im gettin AC skid.

:D :devil

-----------------
1999 400ex(just bought it used, less than 40hrs!)
fmf seat cover and custom honda graphics
14t c\s sprocket
909 bars and grips
21" razr fronts
red shockwears
k&n filter and jets
black outerwears

its gonna be TRICKED OUT as soon as i get some ca$h!!!!

aol name: senateskater07, im me sometime

"BLAHH"300!!
10-29-2001, 06:30 PM
no skid on mine though- other than the stock plastic one-
why wouldn't the a/c match up to the d.g. bumper-
i don't understand this part of your question-

shock400ex32
10-29-2001, 06:58 PM
Get the AC Racing Mud Screen bumper. This thing is awesome. It holds up great to stress and looks GREAT!! I love my AC bumper and Pro Peg nerfs. I have also heard that the DG is not made of the highest quality but have no personal experiance and I will always be a loyal AC customer with their great service and advice. Just my 2 cents

"BLAHH"300!!
10-29-2001, 07:08 PM
I SLAMMED A TREE WITH MY DG.- THAT RYMES LETS MAKE A SONG

I SLAMED A TREE
WITH MY
DG-
CAN YOU DO IT
WITH YO'
AC
BOOM BOOM TIS BOOM BOOM BOOM TIS BOOM
HEHE-
<---DORK
I FORGOT THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS POST- it didn't bent tthem when i hit it either-

400exRacerX
10-29-2001, 08:07 PM
A bumper is a bumper and between the AC and the DG the strength is the same so basically its all about the look you prefer, I have the DG,

"BLAHH"300!!
10-30-2001, 08:45 AM
nice bike man but umm..

what did you hit- your bumper looks bent- -or is that just the way it's sittin'?

crday98
10-30-2001, 10:04 AM
the durability of the AC will last over the DG,but if you want the tronget bumper get the PRM baja bumper.i know for fact the PRM is stronger then the AC & DG.look at racerx's bumper....:) DG = BENT:blah

trx400ex
10-30-2001, 01:46 PM
i have dg, ac and dg are built durable, but ac has screwed up alot of me and my friends stuff, plus i have ac nerfs that broke when i stepped on them;)

400exRacerX
10-30-2001, 01:52 PM
Yes, like I said everyone will talk smack about which brand is better but they are all the same, it all depends on what look you like, and that bumper is not bent,,, it is my frame that is bent from a severe wreck i had a couple of months ago.

10-30-2001, 02:02 PM
thanks, my buds mostly have DG and they have held up to about everything. personnaly i dont have any experience wit AC. they both look great and ive debated over them both for a while. ill choose one sooner or later. keep it real:devil

liltazz
10-30-2001, 02:11 PM
i think graydon makes a nicer front bumper than dg. the graydon doesnt stick out 6 inches away from the bike.

trx400ex
10-30-2001, 05:36 PM
dam you could mount a stop sign on that, the dg may stick out six inches, but it looks like that things a mile wide

Foxrage
10-30-2001, 05:46 PM
Does the ac skid plate come with like a little mini skid that comes up to the bumper?

10-30-2001, 06:16 PM
yeah it does, thats why i was wondering...if you had a DG bumper, could you put and AC skid plate(stronger and lighter than DG skids) and have the DG and AC bumper\skid combo work and fit together? i would rather have the little lip on the skid go behind the bumper instead of in front( like how the AC skids lip goes up in front of the bumper.

keep it real:devil

crday98
10-30-2001, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by 400exRacerX
Yes, like I said everyone will talk smack about which brand is better but they are all the same

trust me,they are not all the same.i know people that had head -ons with each bumper and the DG's were completely detroyed and the only thing that happend to the quads with the PRM was the bolts snapped off.i work in an aluminum extrusion mill and i have seen many people bringing in their,their sons,or their buddies mangeld DG bumpers to have them straightend or welded.kind of odd:huh don't you think?

10-31-2001, 08:30 AM
IVE HAD ALL THOSE BUMPERS, THE PRM BAJA ONE BENT SLIGHTLY, BUT IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY GET A DUNCAN, IT LOOKS TRICK AND CLASSY TOO.VERY VERY STRONG

riz400
10-31-2001, 11:06 AM
I used to have the DG Kromelite and loved the way it looked....but......the darn thing stuck out too far like all DG's. My buddy went over the bars because of his DG. If you notice the DG sticks out past the front tires, my AC does not. If the bike endo's off of a jump or you have a steep downslope the DG has a tendency to hit the ground before the front tires. OUCH

Trust me I know and it hurts. Loved the looks of the chrome but it just stuck out too far. I bought an AC Stadium series and love it. It is slightly bigger than the standard AC. If I toast this bumper I will by a prm or a ploished AC.

riz400
10-31-2001, 11:10 AM
Here's a pic.

"BLAHH"300!!
10-31-2001, 11:42 AM
- SITTS FLUSH WITH THE HOOD OF MY 300-
I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S JUST THE WAY THEY ARE MADE TO FIT THE 300 OR THE YEAR THAT I HAVE- THE NOSE OF MY BIKE RIDES ON TOP OF THE D.G BUMPER

10-31-2001, 01:07 PM
man, i never thought about that thing stickin out so far it could cause you to wreck:( . im probly gonna get the AC:confused: cause then i can get the AC skid with it.

keep it real:devil