DFR Seat Cover
StreamLine Front brake line Clamps

DONT NEED TO GET RID OF IT BUT MISS MY 05 450

predracer
08-12-2007, 07:30 AM
how much cash can you throw in for this yfz

nyjt400ex
08-12-2007, 10:30 AM
no cash involved....Not def. wanting to get rid of this but seing what i get offered and if smething i like comes up id consider...

Predracer---NICE YFZ but im really only interested in hondas....Where in upstate ny are you?

nyjt400ex
08-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Im gonna have to delay the sale of this quad....I bought this quad from SANDTHROWER on this forum and was never informed that the quad needed a valve adjustment...I havent even ridden this thing yet and already its in the shop,I just wanted to say thanks to "SANDTHROWER" for not informing me of the valve adj. being needed ,the electrical wiring issue(MINOR BUT WAS STILL THERE) thats been fixed already, it would of been really nice if you were honest about this quad b4 selling it........So this ad is on hold till the quad gets the valves fixed...Sorry but id rather have this fixed then sell a quad to someone when i know it needs work done even though its routine work:rolleyes:

ZRider400
08-13-2007, 07:38 PM
def needs a valve adjustment... new valves/springs were installed not long ago (a few months back). AFter being ran a few times its always good to recheck valve clearances when they are new. Also had new cam chain, piston/rings installed too at the same time.

aroracer72
08-14-2007, 12:45 AM
lol.....its in the shop for a valve adjustment???...it takes like 15 minutes. But thats a nice conversion.....250r geometry...the good kind...not the lesser desireable 400ex geometry.
Free Bumb

nyjt400ex
08-14-2007, 10:35 AM
aroracer...ive never gotten into a motor like this so i dont want to try and do it myself.......its goin in tomm. and will be done thurs. or fri. Hopefully this was a good buy....How often do you guys think valves shold be adj. in this motor...ive been told every 10hrs but that sounded like alot...

KYmxracer52
08-14-2007, 03:28 PM
All the CRF450 dirtbike guys I've talked to said they had to do adjustments more often then what you would think. If I remember right, most put aftermarket valve springs in them and they don't require adjustment as much. But don't quote me on that last part.

If you could watch someone adjust them once, then I believe you would be alright doing it yourself. Once the valve cover is off, you can see everything right there in front of you.

nyjt400ex
08-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Got the quad back today and all i can say is WOW...Its like a whole new quad..
*Valve adjustment
*Fuel air mixture screw turned way way out almost outta the carb
*Something else but cant remember

mc_racer
08-16-2007, 09:15 PM
don't waste you time with predracer
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2948255#post2948255

xrxmxcx
08-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by nyjt400ex
Got the quad back today and all i can say is WOW...Its like a whole new quad..
*Valve adjustment
*Fuel air mixture screw turned way way out almost outta the carb
*Something else but cant remember

do you know anything about carbureators/motors?

if you have your mixture screw cranked way out start with your jetting, at most you should be one and a half turns out...

:eek2:

nyjt400ex
08-19-2007, 07:50 PM
never worked on carbs/motors this new so it went to the shop and now it starts and stays running great

gitrdonechevy25
08-19-2007, 08:29 PM
pm'd ya