PDA

View Full Version : YZF426 or Cannondale? Please read!

Foxrage
10-17-2002, 07:17 PM
Heres the lowdown i have my 400ex, a bayou and money saved up. I can either Wait till mine gets sold which might take for ever and get a cannondale and add stuff to it with other money. OR keeps mine get a-arms shocks axle pipe with the bayou money then i have money and saving money and get a 426 motor and do the conversion my self.

What has more power? What will be more reliable and least amount of maintenece if so what? If i gusset the 400ex frame enough will it hold till i can aford a houser? What would you do? Also how would you recomend setting it apart from being a 400ex? Thanks

New-400ex_guy
10-17-2002, 08:30 PM
426 all the way!!!!! stock is something like 50+ hp more than a moto with some goodies.

doc3504x4
10-18-2002, 09:00 AM
Electric start is nice..........justfine again

mrusk
10-18-2002, 04:50 PM
Nacs how many times do we have to awnser this question is 10 different ways? Ride your 400 the way it is. When you have money get shocks and aarms. You do not need to get a yzf motor. Nobody need a yzf motor till they get to A class AT THE NATIONALS. You havnt even raced. Wait till you get some experience under your belt before you start pisssing money away. And there is no way you are going to be able to put the yzf motor in your frame yourself.

Seriously keep your 400ex. Get some elkas and houser or herrmann aarms.

When you need more motor get a hi compression piston and a cam.

matt

Foxrage
10-18-2002, 05:10 PM
O gosh i have never got any strait answers from anyone cause everyone on this damn website has turn into priks except a few. I will put a damn 426 by myself and you watch me and ill do it just to prove you wrong. Thanks for the smart *** answer anyway though.

Pro400EXC
10-18-2002, 05:59 PM
Dang bro, a lil touchy...

Just do whatever blows your skirt up..there both good quads,and both proven pretty much......

If it was me,I'd get the LSR 400ex/yz-f chassis (use's 400ex stuff,except use's a yz-f or CRF motor).....

I am thinkin of building a KTM or CRF450R w/ Herrman's chassis

or trick the 400 out,and buy a 02 yz250,and trick it, for xc..i dunno

raptor_02
10-18-2002, 06:07 PM
Sell it and get you a cannibal!!!!!!!!!!!

Mxbubs
10-18-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by doc3504x4
Electric start is nice..........justfine again

He, He, my little fiance can kick off my yz motor with tennis shoes on the first kick. It has nothing to do with strength, it is all technique.

I PROMISE YOU, AFTER YOU DUMP SOME MONEY IN THAT EX, YOU WILL WANT TO GO FASTER AND JUMP FARTHER, AND WILL WANT A FULL BLOWN RACING YZ OR CRF, AND YOU ___WILL___ REGRET SPENDING THE MONEY ON THE EX. TRUST ME, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.

mrusk
10-18-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by NACS400EX
O gosh i have never got any strait answers from anyone cause everyone on this damn website has turn into priks except a few. I will put a damn 426 by myself and you watch me and ill do it just to prove you wrong. Thanks for the smart *** answer anyway though.

nacs i do not consider myself a prik. I am just tired of all your dumb post. Come on do you serously thing you are going to put a yzf motor in your frame all by yourself?? I remember what that weld looked like when u cracked your frame.

I really want to know why you think you need a yzf motor. Awnser that. Also this is about the thrid or fourth thread you started on the same topic.

matt

Foxrage
10-18-2002, 07:35 PM
!st off it is the first post for me and these are not should im asking about other things besides should i. Also the welds i didnt do they wernt even welded we tried but got cought using the welder so we had to stop. ME and MY FRIEND are doing that is a year older than me he has a mig welder and all the good tools. When i get it done ill post some pics and when you want to ride bring it. Also its not a dumb post no post is dumb. Unless its about a ford mustang like your pos. I need a yzf motor cause 400ex motors do not have enough power for me.

Anyway everyone thanks for the help keep it coming noone knows how much power they have? Thanks

Mxbubs
10-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by mrusk

nacs i do not consider myself a prik. I am just tired of all your dumb post. Come on do you serously thing you are going to put a yzf motor in your frame all by yourself?? I remember what that weld looked like when u cracked your frame.

I really want to know why you think you need a yzf motor. Awnser that. Also this is about the thrid or fourth thread you started on the same topic.

matt

I did it all by myself, and I am going to help him.:blah

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27275

mrusk
10-18-2002, 07:58 PM
mxbub you did it yourself but you know how to weld and your dad is a machinist. When you told us you were going to put the yz into your frame i never doubted you. I knew you would be able to do it.

matt

Pro400EXC
10-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Hey Nacs...why don't you do like chad and getr a 505? It seems liek it really helped his 400 out..he said :

quote "its liek going from a 250ex to a 400ex" quote

Mxbubs
10-18-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by mrusk
mxbub you did it yourself but you know how to weld and your dad is a machinist. When you told us you were going to put the yz into your frame i never doubted you. I knew you would be able to do it.

matt

hehehe.........do you know something about his welding that we dont know?:D

Foxrage
10-19-2002, 06:36 AM
Hey mrusk sorry about that dude. My friend has all the tools can weld and his dads a mechinist if we ever get in any tight places. Mxbubs will be helping with Swingarm bolt and front engine mounts. All i will have to do is make bottom mount, top headmount, Radiator mount, and kick start and a few other little thing that wont be too much. Looks like it will be kinda easy. It will be a while before i even get the money so time will change but im still get ideas and keeping my mind and money on this project. Thanks

CHAUNCY
10-19-2002, 03:52 PM
good luck with the project
When you are done you should pest some pics

10-21-2002, 03:20 PM
MXBUBS, your girl can suck start a Harley too. What does that have to do with anything? Don't talk to me at all if you have nothing nice to say. I could find many uses for her in just her tennis shoes and nothing else.... I saw her picture, and she looks like a little trashy skank......later gator...

Mxbubs
10-21-2002, 06:31 PM
Hey jackass, whatever kind of crack you are smoking, you need to put it away.

(Mxbubs-Scratches his head)

What the **** are you talking about? This is your first post on this thread.

Maybe I missed something, but one thing is for sure, you missed your dose of prozac.

10-21-2002, 08:13 PM
My eyes are shutting on me, and im sleeping on the keyboard, but I woke up to this post.

Interesting, very interesting.

If NACS wants to build a yzf motor in a 400ex chassis, whats wrong with that? Who said he was gonna do it himself? You do know that he can get help from a shop or something right? Advice - i would keep the ex because i dont need a yzf motor, but you will want more (yzf) and you will regret dumping the money into the ex.

Justfine - urahomo

"Im out for blood with my click at war, how much ***** u gonna talk with your lips on the floor?" - leave nacs alone.

Castor-426ex
10-21-2002, 08:15 PM
come now calm down children...:D

Mxbubs
10-21-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by justfine
MXBUBS, your girl can suck start a Harley too. What does that have to do with anything? Don't talk to me at all if you have nothing nice to say. I could find many uses for her in just her tennis shoes and nothing else.... I saw her picture, and she looks like a little trashy skank......later gator...

That dude fits the sniper profile.:D

Foxrage
10-22-2002, 04:16 AM
Thanks WOT

I dont get what the big deal is i just wanted to know some simple things. Noone Knows how many ponnies the YZF puts out? Thanks

Guy400
10-22-2002, 05:16 AM
MXBUBS, your girl can suck start a Harley too. What does that have to do with anything? Don't talk to me at all if you have nothing nice to say. I could find many uses for her in just her tennis shoes and nothing else.... I saw her picture, and she looks like a little trashy skank......later gator... justfine, where'd this come from? I'm gonna guess this was meant for another thread somewhere. If you did mean it to be in this thead well than I've got to tell you to stop. Nobody addressed you previously in this thread and this was your first response??

10-22-2002, 07:25 AM
MXbubus made a smart *** comment about me saying electric start is nice, so read the whole thing before you go talking smack. I am talking about the comment about how is ogre looking fiance ca nstart his quad. Go figure?????

10-22-2002, 07:27 AM
I was under "doc". Read the post.....geezzzz

Guy400
10-22-2002, 09:50 AM
MXbubus made a smart *** comment about me saying electric start is nice, so read the whole thing before you go talking smack. I am talking about the comment about how is ogre looking fiance ca nstart his quad. Go figure????? justfine, mxbubs didn't even reply to you in any sort of threatening manner. He simply said his girlfriend can kickstart his 426 using the proper technique and you replied with the "suck start a Harley" line. I attempted to be nice and suggest you knock off the wise ***** replies. Now you want to reply to me telling me I need to re-read the thread and to quit talking smack?? Consider yourself officially warned--knock it off!

Mxbubs
10-22-2002, 10:52 AM
Hey Doc, I wasnt trying to be smart, I was amazed myself at how easy it was to start, I was simply trying to say "You aint going to believe this, but Im telling it is so easy to start, my girlfriend can start it"..............Thats what I was trying to say.

Ill apologize if you do.:D

Just kidding. Sorry man.

10-22-2002, 11:23 AM
I doubt a 400ex is to much power for a 15 yr old kid that has never raced or gone over 4 ft off the ground. U have never raced nacs so y dont u try to race a 400ex before u go wasting money

Mxbubs
10-22-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by 400exracer
I doubt a 400ex is to much power for a 15 yr old kid that has never raced or gone over 4 ft off the ground. U have never raced nacs so y dont u try to race a 400ex before u go wasting money

Age? Dont ever judge a book by its cover.

Look at supercross rider James Bubba Stewart.

10-22-2002, 01:31 PM
ok how long has he been riding, i have talked to nacs a lot, and he has had this 400ex for like a yr - yr and a half. He rode a bayou before this so i doubt he has used all the power that a 400ex has to offer.

trx400ex
10-22-2002, 04:06 PM
yep, you have to use all the power you have if you want to be fast, if you start out on a superfast bike, chances are you will be slower than someone who started on a slower bike because he always had to ride it to its full potential, helping his skills improve drastically....

also 400exracer is right, i dont see how you could think of building an expensive racer before ever racing....just think if you dont like it....

MotoRacer
10-22-2002, 06:50 PM
i recently got a moto440 cannondale...to my knowledge it is just as good as a yzf or crf quad..correct me if im wrong but when u get to these kind of full blown racing quads, the rider will determine the winner..not the bike. my moto has WAY MORE than enough power than anyone will ever need for MX racing.

Moto

trx400ex
10-22-2002, 07:00 PM
You are right, the only people that would NEED more than a Moto to win are the PROs..but what it comes down to is rider ability, sure its easier to win on a built quad, but the quad cant find the finish line by itself.

Mxbubs
10-22-2002, 10:11 PM
Ahhhhhhhh............good points, but take this into consideration.

Lack of power, and handling, will hold a rider back, and slow down his progress.

10-22-2002, 10:26 PM
know this........too much power for little kid, kid breaks neck cuz of to much power

Foxrage
10-23-2002, 10:09 AM
I know that it might be too much but i dont think anyone should judge untill you seen me ride. Thanks for all the info.

10-23-2002, 10:43 AM
I have seen ur vids, and if u wouldnt be such a puss, u coulda come up here to ride wit me. We aint far at all. Nice name change doooooosh baaaaaaaaaaagggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!

Foxrage
10-23-2002, 10:53 AM
My vids dont prove nuthing. I would come up in ride with you if i had the time. I live about 3-3.5 hours away. I will come soon.

Chef
10-23-2002, 11:26 AM
I thought you bought another EX at some point? You dont even know what you can make your EX feel like, because you have a STOCK MOTOR!

Mxbubs
10-23-2002, 02:27 PM
Is that your Yz bike in your avator?

I didnt start really improving until I got more motor and more suspension.:D

10-23-2002, 02:33 PM
no its not his

forum
10-24-2002, 02:59 PM
heres my 2 cents.

Go for it. I totaly agree with you 400ex power blows goats compared to other machines. Thats why im doing a crf conversion. C-dale is starting to tempt me tho. But for some reason i feel i will like the crf more. And for those of you who said just use your ex cause your not good enuf or whatever... THAT WASN"T THE QUESTION HE ASKED. If he wants a yzf engine then fabulous. Man totaly go for it. and I think we should keep in touch cause it looks like we will be doing the conversion at the same time. Altho i am most likely doing the crf. but we can still share any idea's. I'll Pm ya sometime concerning this stuff.

10-24-2002, 03:01 PM
Just don't get those cheap *** hiper wheels. We all know they are no good.....peace

forum
10-26-2002, 02:14 PM
your a funny guy.

not to mention an *********

I had said nothing directed at you. You are whats wrong with this forum

10-26-2002, 04:22 PM
With all the smack you talk????? I can't believe that you have the gall to say that crap to me. Just kidding about the wheels you baby. Canada sucks anyway....

trx400ex
10-26-2002, 07:21 PM
:confused:

Ex_Rider43
10-26-2002, 07:55 PM
With all the smack you talk????? I can't believe that you have the gall to say that crap to me. Just kidding about the wheels you baby. Canada sucks anyway....

can you stop a minute justfine??? your bashing on mxbubs for no reason.after your on forum's back.now its on canada....someone have to stop it. you dont have any reason to put canada in this thread.

yes do it if you want to nacs.If I ever have that money I would do a crf conversion but I think Im gonna mod my 400 instead.I still have another frame here at my house and thats make me thinking about...
:D

Guy400
10-26-2002, 08:20 PM
justfine, I warned you earlier in this very thread about staying cool and you're at it again. I don't know if you're trying to irritate people or what but we're not going to allow it. I suggest for your own benefit that you fly right from here on out. This is the second time I've had to address your behavior in this thread alone. Three strikes and you're out...

Pro400EXC
10-26-2002, 08:22 PM
I dunno....whats wrong w/ modding the 400ex motor?I mean,c'mon now...

I don't care how well you ride or whatever,but unless you race or whatever you don't need a 426F Hybrid......

I just had a race today,and I have a stock motor,and all i have is suspension,and tires,and won my class...and the dude who always wins another class has a stock motored 400,and he whoops on all the ppl tooo..so I don't care what anyone says,but if you can't do good on a 400ex,then you suck...plain and simple,if i can beat raptor,sz400's,c-dales,R's and soo on, that emnas i can ride better,and so on...so all that power and all don't really mean crap if you can't ride....

and if you can ride,then feel free to c'mon down,and getcha some in the woods,cause all you see is red fenders,and roost coming your way from the STOCK powered 400.....

trx400ex
10-26-2002, 08:55 PM
your right, its only when everyone else moves up to the hybrids and you cant do good in a race because yuo quad just isnt fast enoguth and your riding it to its limit is when you need to build a hybrid

10-27-2002, 01:03 AM

Ben
10-27-2002, 04:50 AM
Justfine - was that three strikes? Your hateful comments and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Shape up (before the mods vote on banning you - which will be today) or ship out.

mrusk
10-27-2002, 07:04 PM
Pro400EXC- Well said!! I am amazied on how much money people waste on getting the newest and greatest part/motor. **** unless you are running the race WFO you dont need any motor mods!
I think alot of people build all these hybrids just to be cool.

You do need to realized that you can get a yzf motor for alittle more than 2k. I am sure many people have that much $ in there ex motors which arnt as reliable or as fast as stock 426s.

matt