PDA

View Full Version : trailblazer question. Help

ragged63
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
My wife's 2001 trailblazer is leaking fuel from the overflow tube. The quad sat for a year and ran fine before it sat. I thought that maybe the float is sticking open. It runs but with no power, any help would be great. thanks

JOEX
08-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ragged63
My wife's 2001 trailblazer is leaking fuel from the overflow tube. The quad sat for a year and ran fine before it sat. I thought that maybe the float is sticking open. It runs but with no power, any help would be great. thanks
Thoroughly clean the carb including removing the jets. Drain and clean the fuel tank, maybe remove & clean the petcock too. Check the air box for critters etc...

honda300EXtreme
08-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Yea as JOEX said i would take the carb apart and clean it up , and you should be good to go

ragged63
08-10-2007, 08:23 PM
how hard is it to take the carb out, any help would be great.

JOEX
08-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't know the specifics on the trailblazer but there's probably a pipe clamp on the airbox side and the motor side to be removed or atleast loosened. Remove the fuel line, after turning off the gas:p May have to remove the throttle cable.

You also may have to remove some plastic body parts and the fuel tank.

ragged63
08-10-2007, 10:05 PM
well I got the carb off and sprayed with carb cleaner, I just don't know how to get the jet out or where it is, there's a screw on the side , is that it, if so do I count the turns it takes to get it out, I just dont want to screw anything up. thanks

wilkin250r
08-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Worst freaking plastics ever to remove, I hate working on Trailblazers.

Here is an exploded view of the carburetor.

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/assets/schematics/Polaris/PO-9916366-039.gif

The part labeled "20" is commonly called the bowl, or float bowl. It should be held on by 4 phillips screws that are often really f-ing tight the first time you remove them. Remove them, and pull the bowl off carefully. (I usually sacrifice a clean bath towel for dissassembling carbs, spread out completely so I don't lose anything).

The "float" should be in full view, it has two floating balls attached to a pivot. (Part numbew 21 will be attached to the pivot, number 25 and 26). Near the pivot point, you will see a small piece of metal fitted into a hole. This is the float needle, and this is your problem.

Before you pull all this stuff apart, take a moment to look at the operation. Fuel enters the bowl (part 20) and causes the floats to raise up (because the float). When they raise up enough on their pivot, they push the float needle upwards. The float needle has a rubber point on it that shuts off the supply of incoming fuel.

Something is in the way and prevents the float needle from closing, or the float needle is damaged and doesn't seal properly. It needs to be cleaned, possibly adjusted, and if it still doesn't seal, the float needle needs to be replaced.

If you run into any trouble, post your problem and we will help. It may help for you to take pictures, and we can point out exactly what you need to do on the pictures themselves.