PDA

View Full Version : hyosung?

dirtbike&quad
08-10-2007, 05:43 PM
motorcycle company. can anyone tell me anything about them?
Thanks
Mike

416exfreak
08-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Sounds like some offbrand Chinese junk...

Do you have a link to thier site, or at least some of thier products?

dirtbike&quad
08-10-2007, 06:06 PM
http://www.hyosungmotorsusa.com/

they even make a 450cc quad, it seems pretty legit too lol.

heres the street bike i was talkin about

http://www.flykittymotorsports.com/images/gt250_1.jpg

<DRS>GPF
08-10-2007, 06:44 PM
ive heard and read good/bad comments about them..

its rumored that they produce the suzuki SV motor, but the SV motor is of a higher quality.. allegedly..

the worst ive heard is the slow response on repairs and warranty issues..
to that point, the issues are related to hard mechanical breakdown.. pistons, crankcase.. nothing thatll let you keep going until the part comes in..

so...
i would rather save my money and buy the suzuki theyre trying to clone for 1K more.. id just feel comfortable spending the extra $$ for a more successful bike with a more responsive service plan..

pman03
02-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
ive heard and read good/bad comments about them..

its rumored that they produce the suzuki SV motor, but the SV motor is of a higher quality.. allegedly..

the worst ive heard is the slow response on repairs and warranty issues..
to that point, the issues are related to hard mechanical breakdown.. pistons, crankcase.. nothing thatll let you keep going until the part comes in..

so...
i would rather save my money and buy the suzuki theyre trying to clone for 1K more.. id just feel comfortable spending the extra $$ for a more successful bike with a more responsive service plan..

This is Toadz400.

Hyosung used to produce the Suzuki SV engine but Hyosung's version of the engine is actually better with roller bearings instead of the cheap ones.

Hondamaster5505
02-02-2008, 09:39 PM
All I know about is their 450.

Supposedly it makes great power, but ATV Action did a test and said the suspension was so horrible, it made for a scary ride.

Plus they are REALLY heavy

02-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I belive they make cars also but they dont sell em here. I have a magazine from europe and they tested one of their cars and the power was very rubish. I wouldnt trust anything that isnt a good name brand.