PDA

View Full Version : Which mini brand to get into

joshyz125
08-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Hey guys, i'm in the process of opening a shop. i'm wanting to become a dealer for a Mini brand, atv's primarily, but which brand do you guys think i should look into?

i have talked to the cobra guy a few times, but don't know for sure if that's the best choice since they're so expensive.
Thanks in advance for the help

wvspeedfreak
08-10-2007, 06:48 PM
I would seriously look at DRR.They seem to be a great company that is moving forward in the mini department.Plus they are priced very competitively for what you get.Good luck with your business!

Nichols Atvs
08-10-2007, 07:14 PM
DRR all the way to the finish

LT80
08-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Kymco too! :)
They are great machines!

hotquads1
08-13-2007, 08:32 AM
DRR is a solid company with customer service first priority , this you will not find with most of the other mini companies. You and your customers will be happy if you choose DRR

Marc

Livin4Real
08-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Alot will depend on where your shop is located. There are a few very reputable shops that deal in miniquads in Indiana that already have a good foothold in the business. Where is your shop located?

joshyz125
08-13-2007, 05:48 PM
we're about 30 miles south of indianapolis in martinsville

Livin4Real
08-13-2007, 06:26 PM
lol, I'm in Martinsville, small world. Where exactly are you guys, it'd be nice to put a face with a name.

Brian

WOLFPACK
08-13-2007, 06:31 PM
I think RC Motorsports will be your closest DRR dealer. Are you over 50 miles away from him?

joshyz125
08-13-2007, 06:51 PM
What town is RC Motorsports located in?

yeah, been in martinsville for 25 years now. i don't know if you deal with any of the local shops, but i deal with the kawasaki shop and T and T a little at the moment, i work on machines outta my garage for the time being, over behind benders, you probably know somebody i know around this town if we don't know each other already, lol.

Let me ask you this, you think martinsville can support another shop?

WOLFPACK
08-13-2007, 07:29 PM
RC Motorsports is in Brookville or something like that. Anyway, just call Lou and he'll check and see if your within his territory. We are a DRR dealer in Crown Point, Indiana and would be glad to help you out when you are getting started. Just give us a call if you need anything.

Shane
Wolfpack Racing
(219)313-1424

Livin4Real
08-13-2007, 10:05 PM
I think if your prices are right, folks will support the shop. Spina's is outrageous and have lost everyone that gave a damn about racers, which Eric went to Kawasaki which is where I pickup little things I need. TnT is pretty pricey as well and doesn't stock a whole lot, nothing really for the mini's. There's a new shop in Monrovia called Parks Motorsports, I was actually in there today and those guys are really nice and have kids that run mini's so they will be stocking stuff for kids but as far as miniquad dealers there aren't any in Martinsville but I believe Mike at Midwest Motosports in Franklin is a DRR dealer so he may be too close for you to pick up a DRR franchise which as most have said is the most affordable and close to race ready mini out there. Ron (RC Motorsports) is a DRR dealer but Brookville is about 90-100 miles from Martinsville. John Heath has a shop down in Evansville for Cobra and DRR and Extreme also I believe. Everyone I've mentioned so far are really nice people and help out the mini community alot. We run a cobra which I don't think there's enough demand around us for a high priced mini, Heath sells them left and right down south though. I think it's around $30k for a franchise through Cobra, don't know on the DRR and I would avoid the extremes until they get better. What we need is a track in our area. I think a nice mx track would do very well since there isn't a real mx track within an hour of us.

joshyz125
08-13-2007, 10:32 PM
yeah, tom shawn and eric all know me, I don't know if they know i'm opening anything yet or not, but they all know i work outta my garage,

Spina's, they're a joke when it comes to customer service, you know greg doesn't work there any more, which is accually how the new kaw shop was able to pick up kawasaki,

I want to keep the prices low, and i think we're going to stock as much as we possibly can, it'll be hard at first, but i'm working on a list.
Tandt, he's not worried about stocking alot coz he would rather order it, but that's what he wants to do.

Like i said, i already work on them in my garage as a side thing now, which is packed at the moment.
We have a tire machine, and a boring bar and honing equiptment also. have access to 2 lathes, a vertical mill, and we have a blast cabinet,

We are going to keep our service rate at 40 or 45 an hour, which is cheaper then anybody in the area that i know of.

I also think getting a track in this area would be awesome, but afteer the indoor track fell to the ground with the tornado, I dont think there's much chance of getting anywhere in this county with a track, but it would be great if that would have went through