PDA

View Full Version : UPS shipping rates! Horrible

2strokescreamer
08-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Well i sold my fullbore plastic on ebay, and ups first told me it would cost 100 bucks to ship the plastic. SO i took my plastic there to ship and the lady tells me its goin to costme 400 bucks to ship my plastic the cheapest way possible!AM i the only one that thinks the is like way to high? SO i called fedex and they estimated around 50-60 bucks so it will be shipped tom. I got my own box today, but ups wanted to charge 120 each for 2 boxes just to put it in plus another 80 to package them. I thought that was crazy. What rates are most people charged for shipping plastic?

honda300EXtreme
08-09-2007, 09:21 PM
thats just INSANE,,, shipping costs almost if not more than what the plastics them self cost...

i havent ever shipped plastics, but we just shipped a frame threw DHL for 25 bucks, so they were trying to screw you over big time

good thing you called fedex

DVXracer
08-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Yeah it cost me $60 bucks to ship a nitro truck i sold on ebay. :rolleyes:

MX450
08-10-2007, 07:07 AM
i ran into the same problem with fenders.. once packages get real big UPS is just rediculous. I called DHL and shipped a full set of fenders for 25 bucks!

ZeroLogic
08-10-2007, 07:19 AM
UPS sucks, I like Fedex.:o

gbcap
08-10-2007, 08:09 AM
they charge that much to ship it because it is a VERy large box for a very small weight. it takes up room on thier truck for no weight so they need to make the money back rather then having 10 other boxes they could put in there.

you did the right thing, if you dont' like thier price go somewhere else. but don't be surprised if you get to fed ex and they double thier price too.

i am a ups shipper everyday. oversize stuff i still get charged out the butt for. cost me 80 bucks to send rear fenders in ups once. thats my DISCOUNTED rate. so they aren't trying to screw you. their prices stay pretty consistant over the board.

they way i always think about it is...its still cheaper then driving there myself. if you don't like thier price go to soeone else. if everyone starts using someone else, price competition will bring ups's prices back down.

Ralph
08-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by 2strokescreamer
Well i sold my fullbore plastic on ebay, and ups first told me it would cost 100 bucks to ship the plastic. SO i took my plastic there to ship and the lady tells me its goin to costme 400 bucks to ship my plastic the cheapest way possible!AM i the only one that thinks the is like way to high? SO i called fedex and they estimated around 50-60 bucks so it will be shipped tom. I got my own box today, but ups wanted to charge 120 each for 2 boxes just to put it in plus another 80 to package them. I thought that was crazy. What rates are most people charged for shipping plastic?

Im going to assume you went to a UPS Store?

First off, the prices of boxes is outrageous. Please know that they probably didnt get those boxes for much cheaper.

Also, remember that when you go to a UPS Store they are independently owned and the owners can change and make their own prices and such.

Im not suprised to hear that they charged you so much though. Those places do anything to survive because the buisness model for the franchise doesnt work any other way. The honest stores all go out of buisness and the cheating ones keep their head above the water.

fastyz85
08-10-2007, 08:53 AM
I shipped a set or 400ex front fenders for 15 bucks. all you have to do is wrap it real good with some plastic wrap and stick a label on it and walla!! off goes your package. I used usps though.

gbcap
08-10-2007, 09:19 AM
we buy boxes by the pallet here for about $.30-.75 per box...
they are used recycled boxes but perfect. i am sure with the amount ups is doing they get them the same or cheaper then that.

is the packing material that really cost money. hence why we bought an industrial shredder and shred all the paper we use for packing material.