BVC fuel vent
Billet Gas cap
Nacs Throttle Cover
Nacs Graphics
DFR Seat Cover
StreamLine Front brake line Clamps

spanky101
08-09-2007, 08:36 PM
If it was me, id proboly lose the blue plastics and go with some white or silvers. Then once winter comes around do a nice little rebuild with some new powder coat. The bike looks great is more then likey a great bike!

Groves187
08-11-2007, 10:39 AM
That thing looks Nice, Can i ask how much you paid for it???

figair
08-11-2007, 11:41 AM
I agree white plastic all the way!!! But I just read in the for sale section that he is selling it already,misses his 450r.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... Hybrids way to go man, but to each is his own..

TWISTED DINLI
08-11-2007, 02:26 PM
that thing is sweet lookin. yea i think the white plastics would look awesome on there.

nyjt400ex
08-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I actually trade my 05 Yamaha Bigbear400 4x4 with some extras even for it....But already It wont start and stay running.

*Has spark but doesnt look to be like full spark
*When it did start it backfired alot then it would just shutdown even with me givin it gas
*NEW SPARKPLUGS
*At the shop as we speak they are thinking something electrical

ANY SUGGESTIONS????....Would a missing air/fuel mixture screw stop the quad from starting/running and make it back fire?

ZRider400
08-11-2007, 09:47 PM
the issue with that quad is the fuel screw . Im sure its either missing or loose. (seen it in person)

400exwheelieboy
08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
yes of course. it wld thats major with any motor to have the pilot screw.

nyjt400ex
08-13-2007, 06:01 PM
I bought this quad from SANDTHROWER on this forum and was never informed that the quad needed a valve adjustment...I havent even ridden this thing yet and already its in the shop,I just wanted to say thanks to "SANDTHROWER" for not informing me of the valve adj. being needed ,the electrical wiring issue(MINOR BUT WAS STILL THERE) thats been fixed already, it would of been really nice if you were honest about this quad b4 selling it........

nyjt400ex
08-13-2007, 06:02 PM
I bought this quad from SANDTHROWER on this forum and was never informed that the quad needed a valve adjustment...I havent even ridden this thing yet and already its in the shop,I just wanted to say thanks to "SANDTHROWER" for not informing me of the valve adj. being needed ,the electrical wiring issue(MINOR BUT WAS STILL THERE) thats been fixed already, it would of been really nice if you were honest about this quad b4 selling it........

nyjt400ex
08-13-2007, 06:02 PM

duneflyer1
08-14-2007, 10:27 PM
the crf450s are notorious for needing valve adjustments. The best thing you can do is to put some kibblewhites in there. After that you will rarely have to adjust them.

nyjt400ex
08-16-2007, 06:49 PM
All fixed....Valve adj,fuel/air mixture screw way to far out....What a quad it is now

nyjt400ex
All fixed....Valve adj,fuel/air mixture screw way to far out....What a quad it is now

nyjt400ex
all fixed and good to go

2muchquad
08-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Get a set of hd valve springs next time.You'll need regular valve adj. with the stock set up.Does it run good?It should;)

dietz
08-29-2007, 06:30 PM
haha this is like the 3rd or 4th time this thing has been on here. if i remember right he put new valves in befor you bought it and that would make sence that they were not adjusted right or needed to be adjusted againso i would not put all the blame on him and yes the crfs valves have to be adjusted a lot

dietz
08-29-2007, 06:31 PM
haha this is like the 3rd or 4th time this thing has been on here. if i remember right he put new valves in befor you bought it and that would make sence that they were not adjusted right or needed to be adjusted againso i would not put all the blame on him and yes the crfs valves have to be adjusted a lot

mojohoits
09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
that was my quad to start with. back in 01 it was a race ready 265r. i traded it to sandthrower for an 04 yfz. when i traded it the engine did need to be rebuilt i think he did that. i just got the engine rebuilt on the yfz. 5th gear wasnt workin to well. but let me know if you have any questions on the hybrid, other than what sandthrower did i know the history of the quad. good race quad :D let me know if you ever want to get rid of it for cheap ;) you know.. for memories lol.