PDA

View Full Version : 10:1 vs 11:1

hemi400ex
08-09-2007, 03:39 PM
can anyone tell me (who has done the rebuild) the difference between 10:1 416 kit vs the 11:1 416 kits and/or the 416 kit vs the 426 kits with the same compress as the first question rebuilding in september so i can ride in oct when my ankle is able to handle it thanks

REDRIDDER
08-10-2007, 03:19 PM
olny real difference is ccs and compression ratios.

j450rking
08-10-2007, 03:36 PM
he means power dif

hemi400ex
08-10-2007, 04:28 PM
thats right will the 10:1 or 11:1 have more power and where at low mid or top and how much more power will the 426 have over the 416 with the same setup

thisperishedmin
08-10-2007, 04:31 PM
i may be incorrect, but doing a 426 will require that you have your cylinder bored and resleeved, with a 416 you can simply bore it.

High compression makes more power, simple as that. However, higher compression also means that you should run higher octane fuels etc.

hope thats of some help. I really cant assist you in explaining where the power most comes on, because i dont know myself lol

good luck.

Barrymaxx
08-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Higher compression ratios are felt most in lower rpms but still make a good difference in high rpm.

SO basicly better all around power with more of a lowend gain than topend.

I run 10 to 1 and what ever gas I have. anywhere from 87 to 93 octane with no problems.

REDRIDDER
08-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Barrymaxx
Higher compression ratios are felt most in lower rpms but still make a good difference in high rpm.

SO basicly better all around power with more of a lowend gain than topend.

I run 10 to 1 and what ever gas I have. anywhere from 87 to 93 octane with no problems. exactaly,this is what my for 426ex feels like mines really nasty on the bottom because of the way i set it up using the stage 1 hot cam my pipe and carb but it has the muscle to pull right to the revlimiter in 5th.Its not really so much as fast as it is powerful and especially with the 14 tooth sprocket it can accelerate like a mother.Yes when doing a 426 kit you do not have to sleeve it its just if you dont the reliability factor is shorten because of the cylinder sleeve being so thin the extra heat created by the bore size is absorb though the cylinder wall quicker. heat is caused by friction and friction is bad lol..so i didn't take the chance i sent mine to LA SLEEVE to have it done this way to if i ever need to bore it out again theirs room enough so that the sleeve can be bored to a 440.I forgot to say i only have 1 1/2hrs on my 426ex so she isn't even broke in yet and I'm babying her to ensure a proper break in period lol.But the gains i did notice i was impressed its a whole new machine and the carb isn't spot on yet, only thing is now the stock suspension wont cut it anymore time to upgrade.monster torque love the 88mm piston and the 11:1 comp ratio and still running 93pump gas..i really couldn't be more happy with my build by the way the porting helps.hoped to have answered your questions about the 426ex anyways.pm me with anything, you want to see my quad in action?......video?.. LOL....

JOEX
08-10-2007, 08:02 PM
You don't have to resleeve for a 426 but some people recommend it.

At 11:1 you're about borderline to run pump premium fuel depending on how well the motor is built and tuned along with local riding conditions.

REDRIDDER
08-10-2007, 08:03 PM
j450rking its your turn to tell us about the 416 hahahah....I did my 1/2 you must do yours.hahahaha..

REDRIDDER
08-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
You don't have to resleeve for a 426 but some people recommend it.

At 11:1 you're about borderline to run pump premium fuel depending on how well the motor is built and tuned along with local riding conditions. good point joex and this is were i would keep good track of your plug readings and jetting although with my carb jetting is obsolete just as simple as 32 (16 lean 16 rich)clicks left to right on one needle before changing it completely lol...

j450rking
08-10-2007, 08:17 PM
the 416 has alot of power all the way through the band but it all depends on what exhaust and cam you have to. i have a stage 2 hotcam and i still have alot of bottom i don't think i would like it if i had a stage 1. i think you would be happy with any bore imo.

hope this helped