PDA

View Full Version : riding gear

bansheerider4
08-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Well since im moving to South Carolina im gonna start going to some tracks and trails and it says you have to have pants that go past the ankle, preferaby riding boots,shirt with sleeves past the elbows,and of course a helmet...

so i was wondering if you guys could tell me some good gear thats comfortable were i wont get to hott wearing it while im riding,and some good riding boots(and idont have the money to buy alpinestars so those are out of the ?)

bansheerider4
08-09-2007, 11:53 AM
oo and a good place to order them from...thanks

BlaineKaiser450
08-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I have Fly pants, Fly jersey, Alpine Stars boots, Fox gloves, Fox chest protector, Fly helmet, Oakley goggles, and MSR elbow pads. I am very happy with it all and i have never overheated with them on. I got them at the local shop.

pro-rider46
08-09-2007, 01:07 PM
arc corona gear is really cheap and is good quality, i have a vented jersey and it is like not even wearing a shirt cause the way the wind vents, you can buy that arc corona in rockymoutain. i got my jersey for $15. i still need some riding boots, and some new gloves, but i am not going to buy pants, i jsut where blue jeans, maybe if i get really big into racing i will buy some pants but till then i am comfortable with blue jeans.

ATV Chic
08-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I have alpinestars boots (so comfy ;) ) Thor static pants and jersey and gloves, hjc helmet. All items are priced very well at either rockymountainatv.com or denniskirk.com or bobscycle.com. hope this helps!:p

naw0029
08-09-2007, 03:21 PM
I know you said that you do not have the money for a-stars but dude you are going to wish that you saved the money you spent on another pair and you would have gotten the a-stars. I have a pair of tech 10s and I will NEVER buy another brand or style of riding boots. Look into there tech 3 series they look like they are good quality and I think that they are a good price. I think that a good pair of boots is second important to a good helmet.

Just my 2cents

mx428
08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by naw0029
I know you said that you do not have the money for a-stars but dude you are going to wish that you saved the money you spent on another pair and you would have gotten the a-stars. I have a pair of tech 10s and I will NEVER buy another brand or style of riding boots. Look into there tech 3 series they look like they are good quality and I think that they are a good price. I think that a good pair of boots is second important to a good helmet.

Just my 2cents To be honest tech 10's are a joke. If you want the best protection and support get GaerneSG-10's or the sidi crossfires. Tech 10's are really comfy and nice but they don't protect you very well at all and they wear sooo fast. I wore out 3 pairs of tech 10's in 5 weeks riding everyday.

bansheerider4
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/shift-combo-boots.gif/Brand/SHIFT/Class2/MX%20Apparel/Class3/Combo%20Deals/Class1/ATV%20PRODUCTS

would those be good to get cuz at 169 for all of those soudns good

DVXracer
08-09-2007, 05:52 PM
www.rockymountainatv.com

Ive bought ALL my gear from there and everything is great.

naw0029
08-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by mx428
To be honest tech 10's are a joke. If you want the best protection and support get GaerneSG-10's or the sidi crossfires. Tech 10's are really comfy and nice but they don't protect you very well at all and they wear sooo fast. I wore out 3 pairs of tech 10's in 5 weeks riding everyday.

Realy? Than why do you see soo many being worn?:rolleyes:

And you wore out three pairs in 5 weeks....thats alot of cash!!!

mine
08-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by mx428
To be honest tech 10's are a joke. If you want the best protection and support get GaerneSG-10's or the sidi crossfires. Tech 10's are really comfy and nice but they don't protect you very well at all and they wear sooo fast. I wore out 3 pairs of tech 10's in 5 weeks riding everyday.

Yep, tech 10's look nice and all, but in the end they just cost more and wear more quick. I was going to buy the crossfires after talking ot a couple of satisfied customers. but I set my minf straight on the gaerne sg10," the ferrari of mx boots" as some call it.I have alloy mx gear,thor phase gear and i have fly 805 gear. to be honest with ya, i like the thor the best, the fly is deffinetly better quality but it has a horrible fit, baggy in some areas where is tight in others. Their gloves are super nice tho.

As far as boots, zach pretty much wrapped it up. The only boots i'll buy now are the sg10's or the cross fires, unless i can get a killer deal on other boots.