PDA

View Full Version : Bigest Bore

SmokeyJohn
08-09-2007, 08:37 AM
How much is the biigest bore i can get for my 88 Honda 300fw 4x4.How many extra cc's does this give me and will this cause anything to go wrong in my engine??Anything else i need for my engine if i install this

400exrider720
08-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Dont do it. u r wasting ur time and money. get a sport quad!!!

canadianlaxer
10-20-2007, 08:31 PM
not everyone can afford to buy a new quad

Francois
10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Not sure of the biggest bore you can go. To go really big usually you have to install a thicker sleeve. They get hot when the wall gets too thin. Example my 400 is bored to 426 if I want to go bigger I have to change press the sleeve out bore the jug and press in a thicker sleeve. Personally i also would not do it. I would bore to the next size up, opt for the higher compression. put a cam in while your at it. Full exhaust made a difference on mine. I got the SuperTrapp its not that loud. I hunt with mine so. HMF are way louder, even with the quiet core in its louder than mine.

I also have to agree take mud and the ability to carry and ice chest and other equipment out of the equation. For pure cutting up a sport quad is nice to have. I own both and there are times when I'm on one and wish i was on the other.