PDA

View Full Version : Laptop won't boot....useless!!!!!!!! help please

Rider-trx_250ex
08-08-2007, 11:24 PM
So as I'm shutting down my laptop I accidentally turn it on again and then shut it off because I had to leave. When I return I get to the windows xp professional screen and right after that a blue sceen appears for like 2 seconds and brings me back to the boot screen. I try starting the computer in every mode like safe, normal, safe with cmd, safe with networking, and the one that goes back to where last current settings worked. None of these work........so my laptop is useless now untill I can figure out what's wrong with it. ANY help?

MentalState
08-09-2007, 12:10 AM
had this happen before...Remove battery and unplug..Then reattach battery and boot...If that doesnt work you might need to use the backup disk...You do have a back up disk right?

Rider-trx_250ex
08-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by MentalState
had this happen before...Remove battery and unplug..Then reattach battery and boot...If that doesnt work you might need to use the backup disk...You do have a back up disk right?

where can i get a back up disk? and about how much? The computer was updated at my moms work so we have no disk.......

zedicus00
08-09-2007, 06:27 AM
download a windows xp cd off a torrent site and run the repair install...

NOTE: this is NOT illegal as the license to windows will be attached to the bottom of your laptop.

just make sure you get the right version, rather yur home or pro, and it should be an OEM install.

Rider-trx_250ex
08-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
download a windows xp cd off a torrent site and run the repair install...

NOTE: this is NOT illegal as the license to windows will be attached to the bottom of your laptop.

just make sure you get the right version, rather yur home or pro, and it should be an OEM install.

Can you link me the file that I should download? Me and torrent sites don't get along..........I'm still looking though.

Rider-trx_250ex
08-12-2007, 10:08 AM
And What is the name of the file that I'm looking for........just windows xp cd repair? I'm goin to football camp today an won't be home for a week and gotta try to fix this before I leave.