PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about 525

525 Outlaw Dude
08-08-2007, 10:10 PM
1-The Best Handle Bar set-up you can buy for the 525

2-i've been looking to get more power and was intested in the hot-cam, what are the gains & loses. And what do i need to have the perfect engine set-up

3-The Perfect Dune Tires for the 525

OutlawBill
08-09-2007, 06:36 AM
1. Flexx bars and GPR steering stabilizer

2. not sure yet

3. front 22x8x10 STU razorback on 7 inch wide wheels floats on the sand great and turns great. Rear's what due you want to due most drag and hill race or dune fast?

TYLER329
08-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Sounds like Duncan is going to have the ultimate engine setup.

obzidian
08-09-2007, 04:15 PM
it would seem that Duncan has one of the most complete 'kits' available for the 525. However, I'm keeping an eye out for any reviews on the fmf megabomb header and slip on.

As for bars, I'm trying to figure out how to run the fasst bars with a gpr. Maybe a low mount unit because I don't think I can fit a high mount with an adapter and the fasst bars. I don't know much so if anyone with some experience can shed some light on that, thanks!!

OutlawBill
08-09-2007, 04:34 PM
The mount for the GPR is all so a handlebar mount for 1 1/8 size bars

525 Outlaw Dude
08-09-2007, 08:58 PM
1-The Flex Handle Bar setup, is it the (Handle Bar, Bar Pad) right. And does everything like the break lever, clutch, and ect will mount to this perfectly ow ya plus the Trail-Tech Vapor computer (The one i'm going with (12' Quad). And also does it come with grips or do you buy your own and what are the best grips on the market.

2-About the hot-cam stuff its fine, just when you guess find out how it works by personal experence or somebody you know if posible try to post the gains and loses & what really works well with it.

3-The ITP Sand Stars are what i was kinda heading tords, are they a good all around sand tire. And between drag, hill, and duning fast can they keep up to other tires like Skat-Trac, AMS & also Dunlap tires

smokinwrench
08-09-2007, 10:03 PM
As far as drag racing nothing will keep up with skat trak's. I have always ran 8 or 10 paddles haulers. When I got my 525 I wanted to try a set of v paddles I got sand stars and I happy with them I drag race decent but my handling in trails in unreal now. I can also sidehill all day long.

Evasiveone
08-10-2007, 07:15 AM
If you want a V-tire go with the Skat Trak Edge over the Sand Stars. I have Sand Star's on my wifes Predator 500 and Skat Trak Edge on my 525. They both side hill and run trails extremely well, but in the hook up department it is no competition. The Skat Trak Edges hook up much much better. You can tell even just when running the dunes, the roost on the Edge's is much larger.

The Edge's paddles have more of a cup to them. Also the Sand Stars are 20x11x9 and the Edges are 20x10x10 yet the edge's are wider than the Sand stars.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/Evasive1/Familyofquads043.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/Evasive1/topviewtires.jpg