PDA

View Full Version : Mx A-Arms

BlaineKaiser450
08-08-2007, 09:10 PM
What are your opinions on LT a arms for an mx quad? Tell me the Pros and Cons if you can. (they will be used with either, Elka, Axis, or Motowoz shocks) thank you everyone

GIXXER1KR
08-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Well i had +2 standard travel arms and was debating on having my stock shocks revalved or going long travel.I really wanted to go long travel just so i wouldnt put myself in the what if predicament.So i went with SMC +2 LT arms due to the quality ,warranty, and price.So i then went with Motowoz shocks all the way around and couldnt be happier.No looking back!!!

d3ktrix
08-08-2007, 10:55 PM
My motowoz impress me more every day.

http://atv.sploitz.com/Resized/450_at_etown_1.jpg

allstock
08-11-2007, 08:36 AM
the only con i have against lt is that it seems to bottom out more then std travel besides for that everything else is great.

ps. motowoz are very nice too

rollie
08-11-2007, 08:56 AM
my buddy loves his motowoz. im ordering LSR dc-4's on tuesday and going with elka elites all the way around with the pro dual link in the back.

GIXXER1KR
08-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Allstock if long travels are bottoming out a lot something is wrong!!!

allstock
08-12-2007, 03:13 PM
long travel is supposed to bottom out

Scro
08-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by allstock
long travel is supposed to bottom out

LT is not supposed to bottom out any more than a ST setup. Your particular setup may do it more, but it's not supposed to.

Hammer trx450r
08-12-2007, 05:16 PM
I have a set of +3 LT and elka quads with remotes that were just reworked by GT. Pm me if interested

yoshi470
08-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Scro
LT is not supposed to bottom out any more than a ST setup. Your particular setup may do it more, but it's not supposed to.
technically your suspension is suppose to bottom out atleast once on the track/your riding enviornment to ensure that you are using all the available travel you have but if your constantly bottoming out do some adjusting on your shock settings

Jersey450R
08-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by yoshi470
technically your suspension is suppose to bottom out atleast once on the track/your riding enviornment to ensure that you are using all the available travel you have but if your constantly bottoming out do some adjusting on your shock settings

;) :cool:

Nick110
08-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
What are your opinions on LT a arms for an mx quad? Tell me the Pros and Cons if you can. (they will be used with either, Elka, Axis, or Motowoz shocks) thank you everyone

Not really any cons but they are more expensive than ST.

Pros are more travel, smoother ride, less rider fatigue, basically everything.

Also you should check out PEP shocks with Walsh, JB, Hermann, Holz, Houser, Laeger A arms.

*Rollie- why are you going with LSR a arms. From experiance there are better a arms for the same price or cheaper. Check out JB.

GIXXER1KR
08-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Chit if your sponsored by Walsh then there is your answer!!!Get Walsh!!!

rollie
08-14-2007, 04:34 PM
i went with the LSR front end because LSR always backs up there product from my personal experience. i personaly like the design and i got a good deal on them from my main sponsor. LSR is top of the line for sure, along with jb and the others you mentioned. i have no doubts that i will be nothing but satified with my LSR's

Flyin-Low
08-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
Chit if your sponsored by Walsh then there is your answer!!!Get Walsh!!!

And who exactly is sponsored by Walsh!!!

Why do you do this "!!!" after every sentence? Do you yell everything you say?

-Martin

(sorry, it was just bugging me :devil: )

rollie
08-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
And who exactly is sponsored by Walsh!!!

Why do you do this "!!!" after every sentence? Do you yell everything you say?

-Martin

(sorry, it was just bugging me :devil: )

i believe he was talking about me with the walsh sponsorship, i would love to run walsh parts, they are without a doubt top notch, however even with the discount i get they are still out of my price range.

Nick110
08-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by rollie
i went with the LSR front end because LSR always backs up there product from my personal experience. i personaly like the design and i got a good deal on them from my main sponsor. LSR is top of the line for sure, along with jb and the others you mentioned. i have no doubts that i will be nothing but satified with my LSR's

THey dont back up their ball joints or heim joints. Ya they work well and will get the job done, but when it comes to adjusting your front end... its a biatch. To adjust the camber you have to pop the arms outa the ball joints and there is no castor adjustment. If I could do it over I would get something that has adjustable castor, kingpins and not ball joints, and camber that can be adjusted with everything still together.

jasson450r
08-14-2007, 07:25 PM
I love my Rath Lt Arms! Pretty close to the walsh ones, but you dont have to remove the ball joints to adjust the camber and caster. Price it close to other, and the quality i think is better then others. Just my 2 cents!

Hammer trx450r
08-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Why dont you take it off the frame side and spin the entire upper arm to adjust camber, much easier

Nick110
08-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
Why dont you take it off the frame side and spin the entire upper arm to adjust camber, much easier

Good idea but you have to take the shocks out too.

GIXXER1KR
08-14-2007, 08:32 PM
All the arms mentioned are well built arms.I personally always went with what was backed with customer service and warranty.What good is an overpriced arm if it breaks and your stuck with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Hammer trx450r
08-15-2007, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Nick110
Good idea but you have to take the shocks out too.

Why, i dont?

Scro
08-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
Why, i dont?

Some upper a-arms have a bar that runs between the shock and the frame. The shock runs through the a-arm.

R3Concepts
08-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Um yeah...The DC4s are caster adjustable. I consider myself to be a pretty fast A Class rider, and Ive never broken any Lonestar component other then an axle, which they sent me one the very next day. But then again if you go out and cartwheel the bike, somethings probably going to break, which is no fault of LSR.

LSR/PEP

Nick110
08-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
Um yeah...The DC4s are caster adjustable. I consider myself to be a pretty fast A Class rider, and Ive never broken any Lonestar component other then an axle, which they sent me one the very next day. But then again if you go out and cartwheel the bike, somethings probably going to break, which is no fault of LSR.

LSR/PEP

How are they castor adjustable? Unless you replace those cone things with washers.

R3Concepts
08-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
How are they castor adjustable? Unless you replace those cone things with washers.

The heims are how you adjust caster on ALL a-arms.

The only thing the cones spacer do is keep the heim in place and centered.

You are thinking about moving the arms forward or back. The arms are +2.5 +1 already.

kyleschonert
08-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by jasson450r
I love my Rath Lt Arms! Pretty close to the walsh ones, but you dont have to remove the ball joints to adjust the camber and caster. Price it close to other, and the quality i think is better then others. Just my 2 cents!

Do they have heims on top AND bottom? With my sponsorship from rath I can get them for pretty cheap. But I always thought it wasn't that good to have heims on bottom.

jasson450r
08-16-2007, 06:22 PM
The rath have hiem upper and lower. Cody Anderson, and some other pro, pro-am, and A class riders use them. I ran mine and not one complaint. They are great a-arms!

kyleschonert
08-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Hmmm. Looks like I will be getting these over Walsh. Hopefully they are +.5. Thanks for the info jasson450r!

jasson450r
08-17-2007, 01:16 PM
They can built them any lenght, and for any shocks.