PDA

View Full Version : No But We Can Get It For You

mod440ex
08-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I live like 45min from my nearest dealer, and i just love it when i go up there and ask if they have something common, like brake lever, and they say we dont cary that in stock, but we can order it for you. Ok so how much. Marked up 10% of whatever it is in rocky mountain or smoething, and it will be like 3-5 business days. Well let me think i can have you order it pay the shipping and the 10% markup, or i can go home and order and have it shipped to my door.
I would think they would have more parts in their inventory than what alot of them do.

piggsy
08-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Don't forget to pay your state and local taxes at the dealer.

I like it when I call a shop for a specific part, and the dealer says that they have the part. Then, I drive there just to find out that they don't have the part in stock, but it can be ordered. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

mod440ex
08-08-2007, 09:40 PM
yeah its like that every time. one day i will learn:D

Ace Sixx
08-09-2007, 05:13 AM
What shop do you go to? I do all my local business with Donnell's. I have a great rapport with Tim, the parts manager. He always treats me right.

But, being that they aren't really convenient to me anymore (when I lived in Blue Springs that was a different story), I also do a lot of business with Motosport and Rocky Mountain. You're right--it's nice having the UPS or FedEx guy bring your stuff to you in a couple of days.

mod440ex
08-09-2007, 10:09 AM
when i had my honda i went to kearney cycle or honda yamaha north, but with my kfx i go to liberty cycle

YFZ450Ridr
08-09-2007, 12:12 PM
i dont even go to dealers any more, i go to a local place called percision powersports where they actually know thier stuff! they carry a crapload of aftermarket parts IN STOCK also! im threw with dealers when i can go here. oil and oil filters are a lot cheaper here also..

mod440ex
08-09-2007, 12:16 PM
thats how places should really be ran, when i go somewhere i want to be able to come home with what i went for.

pro-rider46
08-09-2007, 12:44 PM
i really like when you call in for a oil filter and they say there $4.00, and when they ring it up at the counter the are like that will be 22.50. i am like wtf... hold on i need to go get some more money!

i also like when i take my quad there and there 17 yr. experienced mechanic works on my quad for over a month and cant figure it out, but a 14 yr old with this quad barely a year old can fix it in three hours

oh and a friend of mine told me that his friend took his predator in there to get worked on and it had brand new sprockets and when he got it back they took out the new sprockets and put ones on with missing teeth, now how screwed up is that

mod440ex
08-09-2007, 01:03 PM
its even better when you just buy it and like u said 17 yr old mechanic strips out the bolts inyour aluminum frame. real nice:mad:

pro-rider46
08-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by mod440ex
its even better when you just buy it and like u said 17 yr old mechanic strips out the bolts inyour aluminum frame. real nice:mad:

yeah they did break a valve cover bolt, for it, that was nice, but when i said the mechanic has 17 years experiance, i mean he has been working there for 17 yrs, yeah the dude is like 45. lol, so its a comformative that the guy is pretty dumb, i mean come on you think he would learn by then to not screw up within that 17 years

mod440ex
08-09-2007, 02:05 PM
nope they they the torque it till it loosens method