PDA

View Full Version : 06 07 Motor work ?

staakej
08-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Got an 07 kicker With some basic motor mods CRF cam head porting HRC ignition mod bike runs well for what it is but ive been runing the A class for the past 3 years now and am buy no means the fastest guy out there. I have had really good luck with a basic motor getting some good starts. I want to build a motor that will get me out of the gate in front even if I cant stay there the whole race. the promblem is I dont have thousands of dollars to send my motor to someone.

I been looking at tokyo mods Ingition box , Sparks modified dynatek , and the normal dynatek ingition. I rode some bikes with the CRF Ingition and loved it dose any one know of anything that comparies for the 06 07 bikes?

Been looking at some +1mm valves I know the hot setup for the 04 05 bikes is Going +1mm with stock CRF valves. The question I have is since the 06 07 bike are basically CRF-X motors are they allready 32mm ? if so is it worth the money to push them out another 1mm?

I think i'm gona go with a web cam dont remember witch grind off the top of my head. But i'm looking at the baldwin cam to. Or even a stage 2 HOTCAM rode a lot of stock bikes with hotcams and there is a noticeable difference.

Prob just go with a 13:1 JE piston for reliability had a 13:1 JE in my 04 and ran over a season and half I dont want to be reringing a piston ever 4 to 8 hours

Been looking at some taper and straight bore carbs any one have any info or some dyno sheets on this? I dont know much about this so any info will help.

Any info from people that know what there talking about would be much appreciated Thanks

GIXXER1KR
08-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I will within a day or too.I have been talking to my old engine builder from California.He did a tremendous job with my 2 stroke and he also does a lot of 4 stroke work too.I am waiting on several different options from him and ill let u know!!!He has been doing more 4 strokes nowadays put there is still a lot out that way with the 2stroke sand drags!!!

sandmanblue
08-09-2007, 11:33 AM
First off, the stock CDI is just fine. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Second, the easiest way for you to get more usable mx power is with higher compression as well as a better exhaust. You should skip the 13:1 pistons and go right to a 14:1 - 14.5:1 setup. That coupled with a good pipe from Rage, DASA, Rossier or even Sparks (for a mx pipe) will add several hp and make the bottom and mid a lot more useful.

The cam you have is actually very good. I wouldn't change it unless you plan on making this motor less reliable. The valves are also fine until you bump displacement. Although the HotCam 2 would give you a slight improvement in mid and top over what you have.

A larger carb will only help top end and frankly, on an mx motor, at less than the pro ranks, what you want is low and midrange with decent top end.

Start with compression and a pipe and go from there.....

chad502ex
08-09-2007, 01:21 PM
A class for three years,.. now, its your turn to go faster...

bump up your compression...

get a better cam..

get a Roosier exhaust

taper bore a carb for proven dyno gains throughout the rpm range (need a Pro reference pm me)

make the CDI upgrade the last modification

good luck.

XXXRACER165
08-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Well done Chad!!!:)

staakej
08-09-2007, 04:35 PM
How many hours are guys getting out of 14:1 pistons ?