PDA

View Full Version : Tranny troubles

Titan1
08-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I have an 04 TRX 450R kicker. I am having troubles shifting into 3rd and sometimes 4th gear. It feels as if the shifter is wedged. Meaning, no matter what I do it will not go into gear, and all of sudden it will.

The tranny has been coompletly torn down, and I was told, the tranny and clutch look brand new. Nothing bent or broken.

I am also developing "pressure" in the tranny case. When I undo the filler cap, it "hisses", like it's under pressure. After I release this "pressure" it seems to help a little.

FYI, I am useing Honda tranny oil. The big red bottle.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

redrider03
08-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I've personally never had this problem, but I heard people say that replacing the gears with aftermarket one's will fix it. Where in WI are you? I'm outside of Fond du Lac.

Titan1
08-09-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm up in Appleton

redrider03
08-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Nice, that's where my girlfriend's brother lives. Where's there to ride up there?:confused:

Titan1
08-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Gravity, for tracks. Otherwise on the trails up north. I personaly go south. I flat track race.

bumble bee band
08-11-2007, 08:09 PM
all i can tell you is there are no aftermarket gears for the honda 450r. they make them for other models like a raptor or so but i repeat honda does not make a aftermarket gear set. i smoked third gear twice and had to replace them with oem parts. it sucked . but its good to go now anywsay it sounds like your tranny is is the problem yo uhave two lil shifters in your tranny they can be possibly bent best bet is to pick up a honda repair manual good luck i feel your pain and dsont give up!

ride or die!