PDA

View Full Version : no spark

04blasterkid
08-08-2007, 03:48 PM
went for a ride to get gas, its about 1 mile each way of trails, kept cutting out on me then when i left the station i broke down in the middle of the road, waited a few and it started, this happend the whole way home, now im home and cant get a spark at all, tried a few plugs, idk where to start, i cant afford to go to the shop again, any suggestions on what to check? i dont have one of those dig. meters thats needed for the FAQ

cr977
08-08-2007, 04:08 PM
what do the plugs look like when you pull them out

04blasterkid
08-08-2007, 04:18 PM
1 side is black and 1 side is light brown...

i pulled the flywheele cover off and liquid came out, smells like burning electric.. its either water or antifreeze... but my rad is still full to the top so idfk what to do, im gettiing so pissed with this thing.... every wire is wrapped with pound of elec. tape, when i fix it im putting it forsale.. but please help me fix this thing

86 Quad R
08-08-2007, 04:31 PM
start by cleaning out the stator area really good and drying it out. if ya have the tool, remove the flywheel and ispect for currosion. clean any buildup of rust.

go en get a 20.00 dolla elec meter from wal-mart and trouble shoot the pickup coil, stator and primary coil and see if they are within spec.

see if that liquid behind the cover doesnt smell like Gas.

04blasterkid
08-08-2007, 05:20 PM
its def. not gas, and in the middle of the flywheeler cover there is a little circil of penut butter cream colored foam.... it also smells funky... if i unplug the killwish/lightswich will that cause no spark? cause i think it might be that swich

04blasterkid
08-08-2007, 06:23 PM
went out there again, kicked it over a few times with one hand, holding the plug in the other, and it didnt spark, then after the kickstarter came up it sparked a good one... so i put it backtogeather and it fired up first kick, i made it out my garage door and no more spark... i dont know if i mention when i was riding i went through a little water, maybe some coulda splashed, idk.. anyideas? im hoping its just a loose connection, do i need a flywheele puller or can i get it off some other way

86 Quad R
08-09-2007, 06:39 AM
you need the correct Flywheel (http://www.motionpro.com/images/items/08-0026.jpg) puller. any other method of pulling the flywheel and your asking for trouble. not speaking from experience but, from others misfortune. motion pro has em for like $15.50 Part # 08-0026

Aceman
08-09-2007, 07:14 AM
I don't know why I even waste time responding to your threads. If you don't even have the money to properly jet your quad, you surely don't have the money for a flywheel puller or a cheap multimeter let alone the electrical components that may need replacing. The symptoms you describe make it sounds like the coil is on it's way out or possibly the CDI.

86 Quad R
08-09-2007, 07:32 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/images/smilies/dammit.gif

04blasterkid
08-09-2007, 10:33 AM
sorry you feel that way
i talked to one guy on aim that is on these forums, he helped me out a ton and told me some things to do, so i worked on it for a few hours, took all the wires apart, cleaned everyconnection (they all dirt in them) let the flywheele air out over night without the cover and compressed air in there, taped al the wires back up and removed my handwarmers, and it started right up, im gona go for a lil ride see if it acts up again or if it was just water, if it was water ill be putting more new gaskets into the case

Originally posted by Aceman
I don't know why I even waste time responding to your threads. If you don't even have the money to properly jet your quad, you surely don't have the money for a flywheel puller or a cheap multimeter let alone the electrical components that may need replacing. The symptoms you describe make it sounds like the coil is on it's way out or possibly the CDI.

svahle
08-09-2007, 10:46 AM
In my experience water gets into the stator cover around the wires that exit on the top. Seal that area up good. Water gets in the top (from riding and wahing the quad), and can't get out the bottom.

04blasterkid
08-09-2007, 02:18 PM
yea, well i sprayed it off now its acting up again, pulled the cover off and there is beads of water on the flywheele