PDA

View Full Version : stock baffle removal questions

Hondamaster5505
08-08-2007, 03:18 PM
OK, so. i removed the baffle. does anyone know if theres a hp increase, or if i have to jet it to get more power. I dont know if i should jet it or not

REDRIDDER
08-08-2007, 03:24 PM
buy an exhaust system lol....yes removing the baffle will make the exhaust less restricted but hp gains im not sure i would re jet and remove the air box lid if your going to do it though.

Hondamaster5505
08-08-2007, 03:28 PM
if i remove the airbox lid, i would be ****ed. i dont know where you people ride, but all it takes for me is one ****ing puddle and the the quads screwed until the airbox dries. lol. no offense.

tanner 222
08-08-2007, 05:22 PM
i took the baffle out of mine when i first got it and i found all it did was give it better throttle response. it was defiantly worth it for a bit but i would save up and get a pipe if you want some more hp

CarGuy7a
08-09-2007, 07:05 PM
took mine off when mine was brand new. sounded so shatty i didn't even ride it with it off i didn't want to embarass myself so i put it back on.

xc_racer1
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
it doesnt add any hp to the quad. it just makes it louder. the quad will run a lil diff just because its letting more air through. u should rejet it but its not enough that its a must
just get an aftermarket.
theyre well worth it

Pipeless416
08-09-2007, 08:48 PM
you removed the baffles or the spark arrestor? if you removed the spark arrestor it just sounds like somebody is farting while sitting in a bathtub with a little bit of water. without the baffles in the silencer it just sounds like a really loud whiny little girl. you will not get any power gains with either. like everybody else said, save your money and get an aftermarket pipe. all you're doing now is making it louder.

honda300EXtreme
08-09-2007, 08:51 PM
yea, i wouldnt do it, they sound horrible without the baffle and the gains arent that noticable...

your flowing a bit more air so i would rejet... you probably only need to bump your main up 1 size..

i would recomend getting a aftermarket pipe and give up on trying to sqeeuze any power out of the stock exhaust...

Hondamaster5505
08-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the help guys. i allready removed the baffle though. Good news, im making arrangments with a guy to get a yoshimura slip on. what size jet should i use, im gonna be running a yoshi slip on, and probably a sparks timing key. (if the deal goes through)

buster024
08-09-2007, 08:55 PM
you removed the baffles or the spark arrestor? if you removed the spark arrestor it just sounds like somebody is farting while sitting in a bathtub with a little bit of water. without the baffles in the silencer it just sounds like a really loud whiny little girl. you will not get any power gains with either. like everybody else said, save your money and get an aftermarket pipe. all you're doing now is making it louder.

that's the funniest sh*t I've ever heard. When I tried to take the spark arrestor out of mine for the first time, I could barely keep it running. It was so out of whack from the increased airflow. It sounded like a sasquatch was sitting on the back of the bike farting. I would second or third that of saving a couple hundred bucks, and buy a slip on. :cool:

honda300EXtreme
08-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Thanks for the help guys. i allready removed the baffle though. Good news, im making arrangments with a guy to get a yoshimura slip on. what size jet should i use, im gonna be running a yoshi slip on, and probably a sparks timing key. (if the deal goes through)

id start with a 155 main and a 42 pilot.. then get some color on your plug you might have to bump up the main a size or two but at least you'll be in the ball park

Hondamaster5505
08-09-2007, 09:00 PM
thanks for the jetting info, you know alot about 400ex's for someone who doent ride one. lmao.

honda300EXtreme
08-09-2007, 09:05 PM
yea but i work on alot of them ;)

08-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416

That made me laugh taking the baffle out of anything makes it sound like you have a P.O.S. I have seen so many dirtbikes or should i say turdbikes take the baffle out and you watch them, point, and laugh because it sounds so stupid.

QuadManiac
08-14-2007, 02:53 AM
I removed S/A screen (drilled the three spot welds on the retaining ring) and the 'glass pack' from inside the back plate of my stock muffler with a dremel, put the S/A screen back on with stainless sheet metal screws and it sounds pretty good... I just wanted to be able to hear the engine above the wind noise in my helmet, so I could hear when to shift, lol.

Now it has a 1.5" outlet instead of that weenie 3/4" muffled outlet.

Probably not any significant power gain, but that wasn't my goal, anyway. My other 400 has the power. At least this one sounds better now.

QuadManiac
08-14-2007, 04:24 AM
BTW, I've seen new 'end caps' on eBay, that do essentially the same thing I did, without the spark arrestor... Anybody try one of them yet? They're a little pricey for what they are.. something like $40.

blasterandy
08-14-2007, 05:37 AM
cut the stock pipe in half with a sawzall and it'll sound better than taking the baffle out. (go buy an exhaust) I really don't know why i waited for the exhaust on mine.

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2007, 07:55 AM
those "performnce end cps" on ebay for 40 bucks are a joke. Thats what i did, i cut out the end in the tip.