PDA

View Full Version : flat track/oval tires

double d 1
08-08-2007, 10:54 AM
anyone know where i can get flat track racing tires? I found a track that has oval racing and they said no knobbie tires. gonna go check it out this weekend. about a 2.5 hour drive from the house. anyone here do this type of racing. thanks.

double d 1
08-10-2007, 01:33 PM
did some checking. rmatv has some rear tires for $33.00 dollars. made by Duro tire company. these tires any good? Hoosier has some for $80.00 bucks each.

44bz
08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
duro has a very rigid side wall and a very heavy tire. Try the american racer tire .if you have the stock a arms you might have to buy slicks and groove them. let me know if you wants some pics I have a trx that was set up for flattrack.

44bz

double d 1
08-10-2007, 04:53 PM
right now everything is stock on the suspension. this track were going to try said the stock tires would be ok for now. if my son doesnt like this type of racing we wont pursue this to much farther, but i think he's going to like it. I'll know more tommorrow when we get there. i'm sure some of the guys out there will help me out, i'm just trying to get all the info i can. post some pics up, i'm sure everyone would like to see them. i cant see doing anything to the suspension with a stock motor, wouldnt all the extra weight actually make it slower? or am i over looking something? anyway thanks for the reply. i'll check in to the american racer tire. thank you!!!

double d 1
08-15-2007, 08:47 PM
well things didnt go like i thought they would. a girl on a kaesa 70 was a little faster out of the hole, but didnt pull away. a little guy on a polaris 90 with a bigger bore and a cdi box and some carb work just lapped him on a 1/8 mile track, that thing was fast. about the same speed through the corners but with real flat track tires and more stable through the turns . my son was on two wheels around the turns. i think with some real tires and a little bit more power it would be ok.those built 2 stroke 90's run good. maybe its time to use the ama rules and build the honda90 to the 125cc max and put those 2 strokes to shame. time to call hetrick and get the credit card out . thanks for letting me ramble..

44bz
08-15-2007, 10:24 PM
If you want a 125 with dual aarms with real flat track tires for a low price call me or e mail me this is the 2005 west coast flat track champ

Thanks fast 44 bz