PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds has hit 756

redlineranger
08-07-2007, 11:07 PM
the chase is over.. barry bonds hit number 756 in the 4th inning of there game tonight vs the washington nationals.

Ghost-Rider
08-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Yay for steroids...

gncc025
08-07-2007, 11:12 PM
steroid freak. wish it never wouldve happened. i hope he gets an asterisk next to his name in the record books. :o

redlineranger
08-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Yay for steroids...

yea he was on the juice, but either way the record is broken now and unfortunately it wont change. im pretty sure whether and asterik is beside them or not in the records books, every body will personally mark an asterik beside.

not takin up for him or anything like that, but he got on the juice when sosa and mcgwire pumped up on it. monkey see, monkey do

his record will be broken by A rod i believe though

honduh440
08-07-2007, 11:40 PM
dont get me wrong steroids deffinatly give an advantage to hitting homeruns however the biggest part of "going yard" is mechanics and ball contact the steroids realistically only help about 10%. im really not a big fan of bonds never really followed him that much but he is deffinatly one of the greatest hitters to ever play the game steroids or not

08-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
dont get me wrong steroids deffinatly give an advantage to hitting homeruns however the biggest part of "going yard" is mechanics and ball contact the steroids realistically only help about 10%. im really not a big fan of bonds never really followed him that much but he is deffinatly one of the greatest hitters to ever play the game steroids or not

Exactly. I liked him more whenever he wasn't juiced up though...Seemed alot cooler to me.

mineralgrey01gt
08-07-2007, 11:45 PM
im happy for him. That takes a lot of skill to knock that many out. Hitting them like that for that many years, steroids or not, is a feat in itself

Ralph
08-08-2007, 12:37 AM
hes a cheater. Steroids or not. Read This: http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003621797

wilkin250r
08-08-2007, 02:38 AM
The all-time home run record is the most honored and prestigious record in all of baseball...

...until tonight. :ermm:

Hammer trx450r
08-08-2007, 04:45 AM
Yeah the elbow gaurd is the reason he hit so many homers.Thats why nobody else wears it.lol
And 90 % of all pro atheletes are on some kind of steroid, dont kid yourself.

ZeroLogic
08-08-2007, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
The all-time home run record is the most honored and prestigious record in all of baseball...

400exrider707
08-08-2007, 05:47 AM

10% of 756 homeruns is an extra 75 homeruns! Thats kind of a lot!

<DRS>GPF
08-08-2007, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

precisely...

if/when he gets his name in the HoF, they should let Pete Rose in also..

chris46250r
08-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
precisely...

Exactly !!!

RandRRrider
08-08-2007, 06:01 AM
I have to say one thing *

MX MaNiAc 06
08-08-2007, 06:21 AM
I dont know where any of u get off on saying he was taking steroids. Somebody made that up because they are scared of someone new breaking a legend's record. Why cant u just be proud of him?

gbcap
08-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
Yeah the elbow gaurd is the reason he hit so many homers.Thats why nobody else wears it.lol
And 90 % of all pro atheletes are on some kind of steroid, dont kid yourself.

i would rethink that statement...

steriod and suppliment are two totally different things. one messes up your body for a bigger gain and one assists your body in growing in the natural way. a suppliment will only let your body do what it already can just easier. a steriod overpowers that and will actually let your body grow bigger/strongre then it was supposed to.

i know 1 professional baseball player and 2 nflers personally and have talked to them about this before. they admit that a few guys have tried steriods before but 99% of guys don't keep with them if they try them and 99.99% of athelets are as pissed about thier friends using them as we are pissed they broke records.

i look at the bond thing like this....

at a race if a guy cheats to win his name still goes in the books as cheating to win. if he can sleep with himself at night knowing that he didn't pass me to win that race but still took home that honor i can sleep with it as well. i would rather finish last then cheat.

ATV Chic
08-08-2007, 07:03 AM
precisely...

I've said this all along....:ermm: steroids IMO are worse than gambling :rolleyes:

quads14589
08-08-2007, 07:08 AM
steriods

hondarider101
08-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by redlineranger
the chase is over.. barry bonds hit number 756 in the 4th inning of there game tonight vs the washington nationals.

a-rod is getting up in the homerers!:macho

Villageidiott83
08-08-2007, 07:13 AM
you must not know your body then. juice is a natural supplement. as a male your body produces its own testoserone, and thats exactly what steroids are. your just boosting it. thats why your testicals shrink. you gotta give the man some credit, even if he was on juice he never got caught. oh well.

Villageidiott83
08-08-2007, 07:23 AM
www.bodybuilding.com
www.steroidworld.com check these out for some edu.

Raptor68
08-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
I've said this all along....:ermm: steroids IMO are worse than gambling :rolleyes:

Totally agree! If Bonds is let in, Pete Rose definitely should be...

gbcap
08-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Villageidiott83
you must not know your body then. juice is a natural supplement. as a male your body produces its own testoserone, and thats exactly what steroids are. your just boosting it. thats why your testicals shrink. you gotta give the man some credit, even if he was on juice he never got caught. oh well.

thats why docs say when they give you the stuff to be careful in quantity cause it will mess you up...humm...my bro has had 3 surguries now on his hips cause steriods during his kidney transplant messed up the cartilidge in the hips.

as "natural" as it is it is KNOWN to mess you up!!!

Villageidiott83
08-08-2007, 09:05 AM
im not trying to argue wether the drugs are safe or not. the answer to that is obvious. but you take enough of anything it can cause serious damage if not death to your body. with proper edu. and under the supervision of a physician you can and will be able to use steroids in a safe manner. im not promoting it. kids and inexperienced lifters should not take them. but it is possible to use test and non test products safely. i feel for your bro, i have already experienced the early stages of arthritis in my hands shoulders and neck, my left kidney is functioning at 20%, i have severe lower back pain to the point where i cant walk somedays and im only 23yro. i have no one to blame but myself and i still have no regrets. hopefully your brother will have a speedy recovery and still be able to lift.

woodsman250r
08-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Bonds is a joke to baseball and ruins the name and respect in the sport. You look at guys like Aaron and Ruth and they hit that number of homeruns on talent and NO supplemental or anabolic support at all. Even when Bonds retires and he gets put in the Hall of Fame I will care less. I respect players like Ripken, and Gwynn who play the game for the love of it and not to put themself in the spotlight. Hank Aaron did not care to be present to see this record broken, and with every right. I wouldn't want to watch some joker break my record when its known that he was on steriods.

jcv400ex
08-08-2007, 10:41 AM
The arm thing and the steriods thing is crap in my opinion... Bonds is still one of the greatest hitters.

Think about it, today's players have many advantages over players of yesteryear. They have Lasik surgery, private jets, massage therapy, top notch medical treatment, supplements, weights/excercise equipment, personal trainers, etc. Before the '70s, pitchers who tore a tendon were done, and now, they can have Tommy John surgery [so does that take away from Mariano Rivera's stat line?] Yes, today's players have greater advantages and players in 30 years will have even more than the players of today have. It doesnt make it "unfair", it just makes it different.

ATV Chic
08-08-2007, 11:06 AM
^^^ Yes, and using an over abundance of corticosteriod which is produced by the adrenal cortex (the middle layer of the adrenal glands that both men AND women have) is not natural and shouldn't be acceptable in any sport as a body and strength inhancer to hit balls further. It affects the body as a type of hormone also, so good luck with the side effects of that in a few years. :rolleyes: He's a cheater.

chris46250r
08-08-2007, 11:20 AM
It doesn't really matter if it is good or bad for your body. What does matter is that there is a rule stating that you are not to use this stuff. For those of you that think it's natural because the body produces it, shouldn't his body be the one that is producing it instead of some dude in a white lab coat? It just all boils down to rules, rules that he and everyone else knew about when they got started in MLB.

chris46250r
08-08-2007, 11:22 AM
^^^ Yes, and using an over abundance of corticosteriod which is produced by the adrenal cortex (the middle layer of the adrenal glands that both men AND women have) is not natural and shouldn't be acceptable in any sport as a body and strength inhancer to hit balls further. It affects the body as a type of hormone also, so good luck with the side effects of that in a few years. :rolleyes: He's a cheater.

By the time he is inducted in the HOF he may be Barbara Bonds.

ATV Chic
08-08-2007, 11:27 AM
^^^^ baaaahaha how true lmao :p

<DRS>GPF
08-08-2007, 11:49 AM
the ball is worth 500K...

although that may still be alot of money, its not so much compared to other record breaking baseballs..
his last one for single season HR's only went for 450K..

relatively small compared to other record breakers..

kinda says it all huh..

chris46250r
08-08-2007, 11:52 AM
the ball is worth 500K...

although that may still be alot of money, its not so much compared to other record breaking baseballs..
his last one for single season HR's only went for 450K..

relatively small compared to other record breakers..

kinda says it all huh..

With what he is taking, them aint the only balls shrinking in value.

ATV Chic
08-08-2007, 11:52 AM
no, actually it's sad that people condone cheating. he's a role model to thousands of children. What's that say to them? Hey, it's ok! you can be a cheater and a liar your whole life and still makes millions :ermm: I'd rather be poor and honest, thanks

<DRS>GPF
08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
no, actually it's sad that people condone cheating. he's a role model to thousands of children. What's that say to them? Hey, it's ok! you can be a cheater and a liar your whole life and still makes millions :ermm: I'd rather be poor and honest, thanks

sadly, there's plenty of criminals in pro sports to look up to.. some are far worse offenders, yet still walk free..

ATV Chic
08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Who? The other organazations such as the NFL, penalize and remove such offenders. Just ask Tank Johnson formerly of the Chicago Bears or Michael Vick?

REDRIDDER
08-08-2007, 01:29 PM
TIME TO TEST HIM AGAIN LOL....

07250ex
08-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
TIME TO TEST HIM AGAIN LOL....

lmao

Villageidiott83
08-08-2007, 02:00 PM
just outta curiousity, chances are A ROD will break bonds record. are you gonna point the finger at him too and call him a cheater. and then what.. what happends in 2 more years when someone else breaks A Rods record, are they a cheater. and so on. let it go.

ATV Chic
08-08-2007, 02:29 PM
just outta curiousity, chances are A ROD will break bonds record. are you gonna point the finger at him too and call him a cheater. and then what.. what happends in 2 more years when someone else breaks A Rods record, are they a cheater. and so on. let it go.

Has A ROD ever admitted to using Steroids? no, so he isn't a cheater...

gbcap
08-08-2007, 02:32 PM
im not trying to argue wether the drugs are safe or not. the answer to that is obvious. but you take enough of anything it can cause serious damage if not death to your body. with proper edu. and under the supervision of a physician you can and will be able to use steroids in a safe manner. im not promoting it. kids and inexperienced lifters should not take them. but it is possible to use test and non test products safely. i feel for your bro, i have already experienced the early stages of arthritis in my hands shoulders and neck, my left kidney is functioning at 20%, i have severe lower back pain to the point where i cant walk somedays and im only 23yro. i have no one to blame but myself and i still have no regrets. hopefully your brother will have a speedy recovery and still be able to lift.

my bro doesn't lift. his was under Doctor supervision for recovery purposes of his kidney transplant and it still f-ed him up.

<DRS>GPF
08-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Who? The other organazations such as the NFL, penalize and remove such offenders. Just ask Tank Johnson formerly of the Chicago Bears or Michael Vick?

although i made a blanket statement.. here's plenty to browse through.. http://radio.weblogs.com/0110004/categories/criminalsportsConvictions/

many are drug and alcohol offenses and do no time..
but, there are worse ones that get "settled" and just swept away, to protect that franchise..

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2003-12-21-athletes-sexual-assault_x.htm

an interesting read..
http://www.bus.ucf.edu/sport/cgi-bin/site/sitew.cgi?page=/news/articles/article_13.htx

google search for " athlete crime" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GGIH&q=athlete+crime)

REDRIDDER
08-08-2007, 03:01 PM
just outta curiousity, chances are A ROD will break bonds record. are you gonna point the finger at him too and call him a cheater. and then what.. what happends in 2 more years when someone else breaks A Rods record, are they a cheater. and so on. let it go. you know what i really don't dive a s*** about baseball or A Rod its just funny to pick on Barry Bonds cause hes a liar and yes you said it a cheat,yes taking steroids wont help your batting skills its all hand to eye coordination its just that one year Bonds is normal size next year hes huge come on hes enhancing him self, is that fair to the guys that don't juice?If you need to cheat then you shouldn't be playing in the first place Barry Bonds isn't the man he used to be hes all jacked up on juice,so you go ahead and defend your precious Bonds...question is did Bonds beat Arrons record or did the roids lol..

dirtbike&quad
08-08-2007, 04:24 PM
So he admitted to taking stuff but he didnt know they would technically be considered steroids is that correct?

Also, when BB wasnt on "steroids" (aka when he was smaller before he WORKED OUT), how many hommers did he hit?

The ball is going for a lot of money, name a few important ones that have gone for more. The ball hasnt been sold for the estimated value of $500,000, it is worth what it is worth to whomever buys it, which could possibly be $1 million.

Todays baseball players have it harder than Hank or Babe. Now there could be up to 3 pitches in one game, which=fresh throws, not to mention todays pitchers pitch much faster and have better curves, and change ups, etc. Hank and Babe had 1 pitcher per game, and none of these different style pitches.

IF A-Rod does beat the record set by BB, does that mean he used Roids too? He hasnt admitted to taking anything, but does that mean he didnt? you wont really know will you?

And whoever said they would rather be poor and honest than cheating and rich is out of their mind. NO ONE wants to be poor. I'd like to see you out on the streets for a month...rather than living in a big house with air conditioning, a big flat screen tv, pool, etc...

thank u and bye

400EXtreme
08-08-2007, 05:50 PM
some of todays athletes are jokes. They get paid millions to play a sport they love and they go ahead and do this.

honduh440
08-08-2007, 06:48 PM
its funny how ive been a member since 03 and every year i try to start upa thread in baseball preseason about how the year is going to go and all i get is a bunch of "baseball is gay" or maybe 1 educated baseball reply but now all of a sudden everybody knows everything..... their is a huge difference between baseball and any other sport in the world so please if u dont know anymore about baseball then oprah winfrey then please just dont post .... seriously

tar
08-08-2007, 06:53 PM
I hate barry he is a cheater. All the homers he got off roids should be taken away.

Originally posted by hondarider101
a-rod is getting up in the homerers!:macho

But I am a fan of A-Rod and at the rate he is goinng he should surpass barry's record. Youngest player to hit 500!

smartypants
08-08-2007, 07:45 PM
bonds is a doped up gorilla.:ermm:

jcv400ex
08-08-2007, 08:39 PM
You kids these days don't know a damn thing!!! It's just go with the flow....Joe Smo said it, AND i saw it on the internet....MUST be true!!! Hitting a baseball is not about strength, its about technique!!!

I can talk until i'm :grr: but ya'll know it all anyway....cuz you read about it on the internet...

jcv400ex
08-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by smartypants
bonds is a doped up gorilla.:ermm:

You dat sum***** that lika da wiskey?:scary:

honduh440
08-08-2007, 08:56 PM
[i]But I am a fan of A-Rod and at the rate he is goinng he should surpass barry's record. Youngest player to hit 500! [/B]

yeah i would say hes ona daym good pace but who is still under the radar is albert pujols .. if he stays healthy u might see a comma in his final number

<DRS>GPF
08-09-2007, 06:07 AM
its funny how ive been a member since 03 and every year i try to start upa thread in baseball preseason about how the year is going to go and all i get is a bunch of "baseball is gay" or maybe 1 educated baseball reply but now all of a sudden everybody knows everything..... their is a huge difference between baseball and any other sport in the world so please if u dont know anymore about baseball then oprah winfrey then please just dont post .... seriously

thats because MLB is gay and the MLB commision is as crooked as the Bush administration..(and thats not an easy goal to reach)

breaks their own rules, then makes them tougher only to ignore them and tell the world "so what.."

sorry if youre into a the most boring sport outside of golf.. :rolleyes:

dirtbike&quad
08-09-2007, 07:40 AM
this thread should be closed, more than half the people in here are violating Rule #1. i demand action!

also, it is Bush's fault that Bonds took steroids.

the end

Villageidiott83
08-09-2007, 09:24 AM
yeah, i cant believe you just compared MLB to the Bush admin. well in that case the NFL is as backwards as sesame street. And your all wrong. bush didnt tell bonds to take steroids his dog did. duhhhhh! and if you didnt realize it yet bush is on roids too, why do you think were fighting in IRAQ. Bushs' "roid rage"

smartypants
08-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
You dat sum***** that lika da wiskey?:scary:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

:D

If they let Jeff Gordon run a bigger motor and he won the nascar championship would it be fair??? Same goes toward Bonds.

Hammer trx450r
08-09-2007, 01:05 PM
The only thing your missing is EVERYONE in pro sports is taking them, he just so happened to have someone nark him out.
Do we honestly think Mark McQuire or any NFL player never took roids??? Please

raptordude
08-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Barry Who?:D

Pappy
08-09-2007, 02:43 PM
i cant believe you people are getting so worked up over a guy who kicks the ball farther then anyone else. Friggon dodgeball people, its a game not a lifestyle:o

derekhonda
08-09-2007, 06:11 PM
www.didbarrycheat.com

Go look at his transformation...

Hammer trx450r
08-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
www.didbarrycheat.com

Go look at his transformation...

Slightly embelished, they are painted photos lol. anything to make it look worse. Not like his Dad stayed skinney either.

mephyst
08-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow this thread sucks... you know what I have to say?

Congratulations Barry!!!!!

You guys are all just a bunch of haters.

smartypants
08-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Before he found drugs.

Hammer trx450r
08-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by smartypants
Before he found drugs.

Thats hilarious!!! That should go with the other guys timeline

3exrider23
08-10-2007, 12:18 PM
im with the one guy up there. if jeff gorden put a bigger motor in his car and started winning it wouldnt be fair. its the same exact thing with bonds.

Hammer trx450r
08-10-2007, 12:20 PM
But if 90% of the feild was useing a bigger motor and you weren't, then you would feel bad.

Hammer trx450r
08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
And there is NO law in baseball that limits the size of a player