PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Jacks Hurt

Kurly154
08-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I just got my quad fixed and went for a ride with someone when they ran off the trail and hit a yellow jack nest. They didn't get stung but I got stung about 20 times and it hurts.

krt400ex
08-07-2007, 06:01 PM
durr :huh

killerofcrows48
08-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Man Up.

lol jk :D

Kurly154
08-07-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm only 14.

ZeroLogic
08-07-2007, 06:14 PM
So it took 14 years to see that stupidity hurts. Not bad.:ermm:

Mellow Yellow
08-07-2007, 06:15 PM
I always thought it was Yellow Jacket.

redrider03
08-07-2007, 06:36 PM
lol, oh man. I can't help but laugh when I read this. I got stung by about a dozen black wasps at work last week, so I can feel your pain. I even got stung in the ankle that i had 4 6x6 12ft. long timbers dropped on.

450rJam
08-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I think its gods little joke.......................

to put that much "ouch" into something so small

ZeroLogic
08-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Mellow Yellow
I always thought it was Yellow Jacket.

Same here...

deathman53
08-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I got stung by them 2 times, both 20-30 stings. I went into an attack and had to go to the hospital.

Robin Hood
08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Lol I guess I'm not the only one.

This Saturday I had to perform a rescue mission on my friends Warrior which was ditched in a nest of yellow jackets. It was a huge nest buried in the the ground. He wound up with a few on his upper body while I got around 10 near my ankles...

Stupid bees..

my88r
08-07-2007, 09:11 PM
when i was ridin a bee stung me in my eye. didnt know it was there couldnt feel it.

ShiftFMX
08-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Did you guys know that Yellow Jackets are not Bees?

They're Wasps! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowjacket)

:p

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/1_wasp_2007-04-25.jpg

JJs450r
08-07-2007, 10:17 PM
we were playing paint ball one day and i guess there nest are under ground by stumps and logs, but i was laying in between two logs just happened to be on a nest felt like i kept gettin burnt by a cigarette ended up going to the hostpital for 11 stings :-/ not a good night haha

Ghost-Rider
08-07-2007, 10:27 PM
My dad was attacked by two underground hives, he is now allergic.

400exrider707
08-08-2007, 06:06 AM
Probably mud wasps or ground bees, they make nests in the ground. I believe they "bite" too, not sting. Rather painful. Makes a regular bee sting seem like nothing. Not a fan... I'll punch every bee in the face!

My brother and I stepped into one before. I only got about 2 stings. My brother was younger and fell over and got attacked really badly. He is also allergic. We didn't know he was allergic until this happened. My mom had to run in and grab him out as he couldn't walk or anything. We brought him to the house and he was having difficulty breathing. By the time we got him to the hospital which was less than 10 minutes away, his lungs and throat had swelled to the point where he couldn't breathe anymore. He was given an epi-pen to carry on him now whenever he goes out. He's quite a vengeful little guy as every nest he sees growing on the house or sheds he torches with wd-40 and a lighter... it gets rid of them pretty quick I must say.

KXRida
08-08-2007, 07:59 AM
I was out riding about 3 or 4 weeks ago on a little trail ride and felt something hit me in the neck. I though it was a rock or something kicked up by my buddies banshee, but it just felt like something was stinging me and it got all red, but I didn't think anything of it. So we eat dinner and I started to get sick, just blew it off. Went to help my friend unload his shee and started to drive home. I was about a 1/2 mile from my house driving when my entire body locked up and went into muscle spasms. My dad drove me over to the hospital where I got two epi pens in my upper thigh, two shots of steroids, and a tetanus shot. What a bummer to find out you're allergic to bee's. The wierd thing is I've been stung before, but I guess my IGG's went retarded. haha Now I carry an epi pen.

KXRida
08-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Probably mud wasps or ground bees, they make nests in the ground. I believe they "bite" too, not sting. Rather painful. Makes a regular bee sting seem like nothing. Not a fan... I'll punch every bee in the face!

My brother and I stepped into one before. I only got about 2 stings. My brother was younger and fell over and got attacked really badly. He is also allergic. We didn't know he was allergic until this happened. My mom had to run in and grab him out as he couldn't walk or anything. We brought him to the house and he was having difficulty breathing. By the time we got him to the hospital which was less than 10 minutes away, his lungs and throat had swelled to the point where he couldn't breathe anymore. He was given an epi-pen to carry on him now whenever he goes out. He's quite a vengeful little guy as every nest he sees growing on the house or sheds he torches with wd-40 and a lighter... it gets rid of them pretty quick I must say.

haha the lighter and wd40 works, or just spray them with straight brake cleaner. They'll just shrivle up and die. Warning, do not spray on any painted surface haha. It'll take the paint off too.

krt400ex
08-08-2007, 06:01 PM
i dont notice so much anymore. ive been hit by them a few times and i really dont feel it anymore. my dad is allergic to wasps though(the black ones) and its not so good when he gets it.

03warriorrider
08-08-2007, 06:16 PM
i had the hole stung by a bee, cant breath, blown up like a balloon, rushed to the hospital thing also. after getting little tubes with two pins sticking out the bottom stuck into my skin and twisted up both sides of both my arms to see what bees I'm allergic to. i ended up with many series of shots over 8 years and having to carry an epi-pen everywhere i go and only being alergic to ******* yellow jackets.

450robot
08-08-2007, 06:25 PM
as long as i dont ever get caught by one of these giant asian hornets, im fine!

this is a premature one, they grow twice this size!

http://www.naturenet.net/blogs/media/mandarinia2.jpg

raptordude
08-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 450robot

That is one creepy Effer! :eek:

D-MAN92
08-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by 450robot

if i ever see one of those things i will stomp the shiot out of it then burn it:scary:

but i am allergic also.

08-09-2007, 03:40 AM
and the award for longest and most useless sig goes to: deathma53

it is yellow jackets...not just jacks...
look them up...there is a reason you get stung many times by multiple "bees"...

byrdman37876
08-10-2007, 02:57 PM
i got stung on the leg by one of those asian hornets ( i call them wood wasp ). had shorts on mowing with a push mower. thought it was just a rock that hit my leg until i looked down and seen that big devil, needless to say he won't sting anyone else.

they like the sap that comes out of big oak trees in the fall guess i got to close to him.

byrdman37876
08-10-2007, 02:58 PM
oh yeah left a scar for a few years also.:scary:

450rJam
08-10-2007, 06:04 PM
thats the giant wasp that lives under ground, you pour a little gas in its hole and light it and it comes out on fire
(looks like a fighter plane going down)

KXRida
08-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
thats the giant wasp that lives under ground, you pour a little gas in its hole and light it and it comes out on fire
(looks like a fighter plane going down)

hahahahaha

I'm going to try that sometime.

byrdman37876
08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
don't get to brave, they will remind u that they are the boss.:D