PDA

View Full Version : need an opinion

chrisjhayes2008
08-07-2007, 04:29 PM
i have to rebuild my top end but i want i big diff n my bike so would a 416 piston kit be good for power and acceleration and what else would i need to get with it and wheres the cheapiest place to get the kit

gcart2
08-07-2007, 04:38 PM
everyone on here is going to suggest to bore it and stroke it etc. tehy arent worried because its not there bike they are messin with. stay away from bores. the more u bore the less reliable and the more heat u have to worry about. stick a 11:1 compression piston in there a stage 2 hot came and your motor will come alive!

chrisjhayes2008
08-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
everyone on here is going to suggest to bore it and stroke it etc. tehy arent worried because its not there bike they are messin with. stay away from bores. the more u bore the less reliable and the more heat u have to worry about. stick a 11:1 compression piston in there a stage 2 hot came and your motor will come alive!
where do i get one and what all do i have to do to change the hot cams

Ruby Soho
08-07-2007, 04:49 PM
there is nothing wrong with bores. as long as you build them right.

416 is the most popular and some say most reliable bore. i would go with that. then if you damage it, resleeve it to a 426 or 440,

gcart2
08-07-2007, 04:56 PM
ruby is right but to have it doen right is goin gto be a pretty pennt unless your a good mechanic and still u will have to pay out soem extra cash.www.magicracing.com has a couple goood 1's. also www.duncanracing.com has a few. je pistons and wiseco are both great.

gcart2
08-07-2007, 04:57 PM
ruby is right but to have it doen right is goin gto be a pretty pennt unless your a good mechanic and still u will have to pay out soem extra cash.www.magicracing.com has a couple goood 1's. also www.duncanracing.com has a few. je pistons and wiseco are both great. and belive me your motor will fly with the cam and piton. o yea magic has the cam too.

gcart2
08-07-2007, 05:00 PM
also u must run 93 octane pump gas if u have 11:1 comp. and if your racing running 100 octane wouldn't be a bad idea. 93 will do just fine its what is required so don't get scared.:p

hemi400ex
08-07-2007, 05:25 PM
the kit on www.magicracing.com looks like its just the piston and can pick ur bore no sleeve , on www.partsforatvs.com they have a 416 kits and it says u don't have to bore just replace to sleeve can anyone enlighten me i'm rebuilding my bike sence i can't ride do to it kicking my *** and snapping my ankle so bad i had a 6 hour surgury so i have plenty of time to rebuild

j450rking
08-07-2007, 08:15 PM
the 416 is the best bang for the buck and makes alot of power when you use the 450r carb and a full exhaust and a hot cam i run the stage 2 hot cam and it is great has alot of poer all the way through the power band and is the bigest wheely machine i have ever been on.

and i don't know aboyt the replacing the sleeve for a 416 but boreing it is cheaper only like $60

you will be pleased with the 416.

and it is always good to get a bigger oil cooler and air scoops but you don't need them