PDA

View Full Version : very cheap handling mod!

Hondamaster5505
08-07-2007, 04:02 PM
With my old blaster, i did custom work with it. My dad owns a machine shop, and this is what i did:

My dad modified a banshee swingarm to fit in the blaster, its was real precise, by thousandths of an inch. This is al capable since he has special machines. He also had to make a shock mount on the swingarm for the shock to bolt in. now that thats done, it was about 2in longer than stock.

We were able to than bolt up the banshee axle to the ban. swingarm, and put the whole wheel assembly, (tire, rim hub) and bolted it on the banshee axle. (You dont even have to change tires to banshee rims, take banshee hubs off, and put the blaster hubs+tires on) This made it +4 with stock rims. (+8 with aftermarket offset)

(Hint)
If you have a blaster 2002 or older, reverse the front rims, it makes it like +3 or +4)

Hondamaster5505
08-07-2007, 04:03 PM
rear view

Hondamaster5505
08-07-2007, 04:04 PM
side view

blasterfreak99
08-07-2007, 09:41 PM
thats pretty cool but not everyone has a dad that can do that or anyone that they know that would do that for free. and yes when you flip the front rims around it makes it +2 but it is harder on the spindles than getting a arms. im not tryin to knock your build, thats a pretty sweet blaster!

Xater
08-08-2007, 06:42 PM
i know somthing cheeper, extending the stock swinger and getting a banshee axle. and you dont need a dad with high tech machine shop. :macho

pro-rider46
08-09-2007, 09:54 PM
yeah cool bike

but when you flip your rims or buy a different type of offset, it is harder on the suspension system. and believe it or not you want to keep you offeset as close to the center of the rim. if you have it closer to the center you wont be as wide but it will actually make handle better and pull of better lap times. but i do like what you did in the back with the banshee setup.

Hondamaster5505
08-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah, well, they've been reversed basically its whole life, and i never had a problem. Actually, when i rode my cousins, it felt more unstable than mine. With the front reversed, it matched the banshee set up perfectly. That little bike served me well, when ppl say that 2-strokes are high maintaince, they're wrong about blasters. 4-5 years, single rebuild, never broke down on me. I moved on to a 400ex for a bigger, more powerful, better handling bike.