PDA

View Full Version : Still Love my 400...

idro
08-07-2007, 02:19 PM
I usually ride by myself on property that is down the road from my house, but this past weekend I finally met some people to go riding w/. One dude had a 450R, the other guy had a KFX700. I've been told both these quads would outclass/outrun/outperform my 400 at all ends of the spectrum. We go riding at a place that is about 30 minutes from my house, that has old logging roads mixed w/ hills and such. Very hilly, wide roads, and not very bumpy, but real curvy. On the windy/hilly roads my 400 performed the same if not better than the 450R and a whole hell of a lot better than the Kfx. Me and the guy on the 450R were neck and neck around turns, w/ the KFX trailing behind. But on straight aways it was a whole different story but oh well. But don't worry boys, I represented the 400ex riding population great. :D

Final thoughts: KFX is the biggest peice of ***** i've ever seen, and i do mean that literally. Guy flipped it down a hill and needed another person to help him flip it back over.

08-07-2007, 02:25 PM
haha that end is hilarious good summary:)

08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
having both an ex and a 450r, i will say i like the handling of the 400ex better until you change the bars and have the suspension revalved on the r...then the r eats up the ex...and yes, my ex, the one i am comparing my r to, has aftermarket suspension on it...

JOEX
08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by idro
I usually ride by myself on property that is down the road from my house, but this past weekend I finally met some people to go riding w/. One dude had a 450R, the other guy had a KFX700. I've been told both these quads would outclass/outrun/outperform my 400 at all ends of the spectrum. We go riding at a place that is about 30 minutes from my house, that has old logging roads mixed w/ hills and such. Very hilly, wide roads, and not very bumpy, but real curvy. On the windy/hilly roads my 400 performed the same if not better than the 450R and a whole hell of a lot better than the Kfx. Me and the guy on the 450R were neck and neck around turns, w/ the KFX trailing behind. But on straight aways it was a whole different story but oh well. But don't worry boys, I represented the 400ex riding population great. :D

Final thoughts: KFX is the biggest peice of ***** i've ever seen, and i do mean that literally. Guy flipped it down a hill and needed another person to help him flip it back over.
I suppose rider ability has nothing to do with it.......

my88r
08-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I suppose rider ability has nothing to do with it.......

well yes and no. those 700 tanks love to pull wheelies up hills. i had one got rid of it. i hated the thing.